Gibson Brands Forums

Prostitution ?

AXE®

I have traveled all over the world.

Europe Southeast Asia and such.

Should it be legalized in the USA ?

Where prostitution was legal. And the divorce rates seem to be much lower.(coincidence?)

And a question for our foreign (Euro/Asian) members and friends.

How is it viewed by your fellow countrymen ?

:discuss.

I have much respect for prostitutes.

Gene Simmons put it best.

He said at least they tell you up front how much itll cost.

Get into a long term relationship and have it fail as 50% do.....THEN, she tells you how much itll cost you, and its

thousands of times more pricey then a hooker.

Axe, why'd you change your avatar? The old one was so cool...

Anyway, I say keep it illegal- at least on the street. Nothing against prostitution itself, but it is dangerous for both the girls and the people who hire them. An organization in a building, on the other hand, is safer and I don't have a problem with it. I guess it depends on your definition.

I vote YES for three reasons.

#1 - The obvious. Disease control.

#2 - It helps keep drugs and pimps out of the picture.

#3 - They need to pay taxes like all the rest of us who work for a living.

That is all.

I said yes for two reasons.

1) Land of the Free (home of the brave)

2) Liberty

Prostitution is a victimless "crime". Unlike a burglary, there is no victim to call the police and say, "I've been robbed".

If there is no victim and the government calls it a crime, what it really is is a violation of the American principle, "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness".

So the Government has to resort to under-cover police, who involve themselves in the "criminal" behavior to catch the law breakers because there is no victim to complain. It's absurd, a waste of my tax money and puts the policeman or policewoman under danger for something that wouldn't be dangerous if it weren't illegal. I think our police people deserve better than that.

If one person wants to rent out herself/himself, and another wants to rent him/her, nobody is hurt. The government should stay out of it.

A person should be able to do whatever he/she wants, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

But the moralists decided that the government should enforce morals, and that takes away one's freedom and liberty.

What if the moralists decide it is wrong to dance, and have enough political clout to pass that one? I'd be out of business as my duo plays dance music.

I feel the same way about drugs and gambling (with the exception of driving under the influence of drugs, because then there is a potential victim of an accident due to impaired judgment)

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have a victim, it shouldn't be a crime.

I don't do illegal drugs, I don't patronize prostitutes, and I don't gamble -- but I don't think I have the right to deny someone else their pursuit of happiness, as long as their pursuit doesn't get in the way of mine.

Insights and incites by Notes

I said yes for two reasons.

1) Land of the Free (home of the brave)

2) Liberty

I agree with Notes_Norton. people turn the blind eye to so many things. this should be no different. if i pay someone to do my homework are they not my homework hooker? someone to mow my lawn, clean my house, wash my car. if someone wants to sell themselves or a service they offer and they have buyers who are we to interfere?

also you can find prostitutes on craigslist and most massage parlors.

Archived