Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! 2012 Les Paul Studio!

RUSHian

I didn't have any grass or fields of flowers to take a picture, but I have file cabinets!

2012GIBBY.jpg

It's a great guitar, I haven't played it a lot since I got it Monday, I've been sick,

but, I love the color, the granadillo surprised me! It plays great, and has a nice feel, color and beautiful grains to it (looks 3 dimensional)!

I usually like the thicker 50's style necks, but this neck is fast and feels great too!) The Coil Tap switches I haven't really gotten into them yet, I'm sure they are good for cleaner tones). I would recommend this Les Paul to anyone!

I really like the look - the harmony of the body color, creme plastic, gold knobs, turner keys and the fretboard is fantastic.

Beautiful Studio - congrats. . B)

Did you exchange your Buckethead?

Yeah, I had to send the Buckethead back because of a bad neck, I couldn't exchange it for another one (they sold out), so I got this instead!

• 4 weeks later...

I tried a 2012 Standard for the first time today. Awesome. Neck feels great. Wieght is great. Action was perfect. The phase reverse setting gives it a real nice cheeky lead tone and a funky rhythm tone. Something i'm wondering about though - in the coil tap 'pull' position, the tone is not as deep or as bright as the pushed position. I thought the pulled out position would give a brighter tone, but it wasn't as bright. Can anyone confirm this with their own findings? I will try it again next week to be sure, but it was not what i was expecting... [confused]

I tried a 2012 Standard for the first time today. Awesome. Neck feels great. Wieght is great. Action was perfect. The phase reverse setting gives it a real nice cheeky lead tone and a funky rhythm tone. Something i'm wondering about though - in the coil tap 'pull' position, the tone is not as deep or as bright as the pushed position. I thought the pulled out position would give a brighter tone, but it wasn't as bright. Can anyone confirm this with their own findings? I will try it again next week to be sure, but it was not what i was expecting... [confused]

It's not like a real coil tap.It's called a Fat Tap and is more like a P90 than a Strat kind of thing. I agree with your assesment and a bit dissapointed but still it kicks *** with some great new tones.

It's not like a real coil tap.It's called a Fat Tap and is more like a P90 than a Strat kind of thing. I agree with your assesment and a bit dissapointed but still it kicks *** with some great new tones.

I guess since the BurstBucker Pros are so bright, it's good that the coil tap setting is just a bit less less bright. I think that this, plus the slightly less deep tone of the coil tapped setting will be beneficial for higher gain setting that often sound too flabby if there's too much low end, and too harsh if there's too much high end in the raw signal.

The one i tried is an Ebony with the pick guard - almost the 'tuxedo' look, and i was hoping for a 'bust' model, but i am starting to think i should strike while it is still sitting there on the wall... [biggrin] No telling how long it will be before they get another one in the store.

[Just realized i am in the 2012 LP Studio thread - wanted to be in the 2012 LP Standard thread, but i guess the same applies to both models...]

Archived