Gibson Brands Forums

Stanley Cup Finals

EVOL!

Any hockey fans out there? I love the passion, tradition, and excitement of the game. Such a weird road to the finals with the Kings and Devils playing for the Cup.

Not a fan of either team, but I am pulling for the Kings only because I am a big Jonathan Quick fan. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from the boring defensive hockey that came out of New Jersey the last fifteen or so years. I think you have to consider that when you look at Marty Brodeur's numbers (guess that's for another discussion).

Hi, yep, Huge Bruin's fan here, (and no, no body here really had the candle lit in hopes they could repeat, no hunger or drive for it this year) anyway, now that the finals are here, I hope to follow this last series, Got busy with stuff and lost track of the conference round this year. I'd go for the Kings too, not a fan of the Devils.

I'm Canadian. I grew up with skates on and a hockey stick in my hands.

Was a little bummed when Ottawa lost against the Rangers and haven't watched much since.

This is the finals however, so I'll be watching at least some.

Wouldn't mind seeing Marty win the cup in his retirement year. (That is if he does indeed hang it up after the playoffs).

In all fairness, I'm ok with either team winning since the Canadian teams flamed out early.

yeah, the kings only get attention in this town when they go to the cup finals. the bandwagon is swelling from all the disappointed laker fans. even if they win the cup, nobody will pay attention until the middle of next may if the lakers are outta the playoffs in the second round again.

dean lombardi should've been gm of the year. what he's done for this franchise in his 6 year tenure has been incredible, especially his recent moves of acquiring richards and carter and replacing murray with sutter. can't believe he wasn't even nominated. although, the genius of his moves really wasn't made apparent until the last few weeks....

Everybody from Buffalo is a hockey fan. We have the most hockey fans per capita in the U.S. in addition to the highest TV ratings (sorry Detriot, but we are the true U.S. Hockeytown).

So I was living in College Station, TX when the Sabres played the Stars in the 1999 Stanley Cup Finals. After the Sabres lost on the famous "No Goal" I was so upset that I had to get a drink (first time in my life that my wife ever heard me say that). I go to this bar and they didn't even have the game on TV. Nobody in that bar knew that Dallas just won the Stanley Cup. That caused me to drink more!

Im a wings fan, so i was gunning for the rangers, being original 6 and everything, but now i have to pull for the kings cause we wings fans hate the devils, especially since they swept us in the '95 finals...

Hello fellow Wings fan. Let's go Red Wings, Let's go!

Sorry, forgot to mention that too. So you have boring hockey, an overrated goalie*, and the '95 finals. Hope the Devils get swept.

*Yes, he has the numbers, but when you play behind the defensive system he did for that long your numbers will look good too. One of the greatest of all time, not *the* greatest of all time.

Everybody from Buffalo is a hockey fan. We have the most hockey fans per capita in the U.S. in addition to the highest TV ratings (sorry Detriot, but we are the true U.S. Hockeytown).

We've had this discussion before. No denying that Buffalo is one of the greatest hockey cities in the US, but until you have the legacy the Red Wings do (players, championships, etc), you'll never be Hockeytown, USA.

So I was living in College Station, TX when the Sabres played the Stars in the 1999 Stanley Cup Finals. After the Sabres lost on the famous "No Goal" I was so upset that I had to get a drink (first time in my life that my wife ever heard me say that). I go to this bar and they didn't even have the game on TV. Nobody in that bar knew that Dallas just won the Stanley Cup. That caused me to drink more!

I was pissed after that too. Hasek is my favorite goalie after Mike Vernon and seeing him robbed by that brat Bret Hull was maddening. Never liked Hull; even when he was a Red Wing.

Sorry my man but the Penquins have the highest ratings by far.

http://sportsbusinessdigest.com/2011/04/pittsburgh-penguins-king-of-nhl-tv-ratings/

Sorry my man but the Penquins have the highest ratings by far.

http://sportsbusinessdigest.com/2011/04/pittsburgh-penguins-king-of-nhl-tv-ratings/

And what happened to the Pens this year? I thought they'd go all the way. Talk about meltdowns. Did make for some interesting hockey. Reminded me of the old games I used to watch; before a lot of the finesse came into the sport.

And what happened to the Pens this year? I thought they'd go all the way. Talk about meltdowns. Did make for some interesting hockey. Reminded me of the old games I used to watch; before a lot of the finesse came into the sport.

Ugh, that was terrible. Philly definitely got in their heads during the series. The high scoring games made for some fun hockey to watch, but nearly gave me multiple heart attacks.

As for the finals, I'm rooting for the Kings.

Ugh, that was terrible. Philly definitely got in their heads during the series. The high scoring games made for some fun hockey to watch, but nearly gave me multiple heart attacks.

As for the finals, I'm rooting for the Kings.

Yeah I gotta say I'm rootin' for the Kings too.

So are the KINGS going to take out the DEVILS tonight and raise the cup.

Apparently not. When you're facing a goalie like Brodeur you need to keep your boot on the neck and keep swinging. The minute you let up they'll come back, take a game, and start building their own momentum. Kings need to close this out in game five or we'll see a game seven. Not that that's a bad thing. Nothing better than a game seven Stanley Cup final. Nothing.

I really did try to stay awake to see the outcome.

(I get up WAY to early for work) Saw the Kings hit at least three posts, but didn't sense they really weren't going after it like I thought they would. It was pretty clear to me that the Devils had the upper hand most of the first two periods. onto Game 5!

Archived