Gibson Brands Forums

NAD!

ShredAstaire

So I got a gift certificate for a music shop for my birthday last week (thanks Dad!) and my wife hadn't been able to get out and get me a present (new baby!), so I went to browse around today to see what they had. I tried a few things that were out and ended up going home with a new VOX AC4TV combo amp. I know a few guys here have these and so far its a cool little amp! Sounds so suite!!!

Here she is:

466CB4BA-B491-494F-B399-C16300740BAE-23896-0000170588295735.jpg

39ECD1E7-CA2D-4F72-AA3F-3671D505EBC0-23896-00001705919BB068.jpg

NAD? I thought this was going to be a testicular discussion...

Enjoy, that thing looks classy.

HAHA.. the first time I saw NAD I thought the same thing...

Like when I first saw the term GAS..

I always thought it was odd a bunch of people sitting around sharing their GAS :P

And yes... lovely amp.. Ive thought about one of those myself [thumbup]

Congratulations!

I been thinking about getting one of those or a Fender Champ. Sound clip if you can post one... [thumbup]

I did some terrible riffing the other night...just making stuff up...i'll post anyway...what the hell eh?

Clean:

http://soundcloud.com/shred-astaire/clean-riff-age-2

Dirty:

http://soundcloud.com/shred-astaire/riffage-on-the-new-ac4tv

Understand this was day one and I had less than 1 hour to play with it...baby had to have a nap.... [blush]

I did some terrible riffing the other night...just making stuff up...i'll post anyway...what the hell eh?

Clean:

http://soundcloud.co...lean-riff-age-2

Dirty:

http://soundcloud.co...n-the-new-ac4tv

Understand this was day one and I had less than 1 hour to play with it...baby had to have a nap.... [blush]

Nice and clean Vox action. How does the baby like it?

Yes! I love these little amps. Good stuff man. What geetar did you use in your clips?

The other day I was bored, and I decided to use my AC4TV to power the 4X10 cab from my Peavey Classic 50 (it's 16 ohm). Sounded sweet. Make sure you try running a cab with it if you get a chance.

Congrats on getting such a great little amp,for such a tiny amp it certainly packs a heavy punch.My love for Vox amps-and Marshall too-is no big secret and the AC-4 is on my shopping list.I could've bought one a while back for just $150 but unfortunately had just tapped out my guitar/amp fund from buying a new Tele and Vox VT-20 for my cousin's incredibly gifted grandson so I'll have to build up the fund again and hope that another deal like that comes my way again.

Congrats on getting such a great little amp,for such a tiny amp it certainly packs a heavy punch.My love for Vox amps-and Marshall too-is no big secret and the AC-4 is on my shopping list.I could've bought one a while back for just $150 but unfortunately had just tapped out my guitar/amp fund from buying a new Tele and Vox VT-20 for my cousin's incredibly gifted grandson so I'll have to build up the fund again and hope that another deal like that comes my way again.

I got mine at LA Music....was there and tried it out and liked it. I asked how much it was and the sales guy looked it up and quoted me $199.

So I went to buy it and the clerk was like "How much did he quote it to you for?" and I told him. Turns out he quoted me the price for just AC4TV head without the speaker. They gave it to me for $199 anyway...i thought that was a good deal. Glad they honoured their quote...I haven't had great experiences at LA Music lately but this helped. (I've been going there since they were a tiny 3 man shop)

By the way - both clips i posted above are played with my Les Paul (Epi)...

Archived