Gibson Brands Forums

What's your Les Paul's name?

crazytrain513

Goldie - she's been with me since about 1995.

Epiphone les paul standard fitted with dimarzio gravity storm (neck -very recent addition) and Seymour Duncan JB (bridge)

Sounds lovely :0)

Didn't cost a lot but worth a whole load to me.

Thanks, been 30 years in the waiting, and in person the guitar is better than the glamour shot. :D

Hello!

I know what You're talking about! I've been dreaming about a Custom for 20 years! Last year finally could buy one. Even tough "I had to settle" with a Classic Custom, but happier with it than with anything else! :)

Cheers... Bence

LOL that's awesome. Also LOVE the guitar itself [thumbup]

..Crazytrain513..Thanx,really an amazing guitar considering the price of them.Fast & really comfortable neck,Superb playability,

..and came stock with GREAT tone (excellent tone for early ZZ-top,Allman Brothers,James Gang,etc) !

..I`ve modded all my earlier LP`s,but this,I do not dare or wish to experiment with it!

I couldn`t be happier the day I got it ! [smile]

btw: The dark looking baked maple-fretboard,was originally kind of rusty red looking when it was brand new.

two treatment/rounds with Dunlop65 Lemon-oil,and it looks like ebony-fretboard now! [thumbup] )

..Crazytrain513..Thanx,really an amazing guitar considering the price of them.Fast & really comfortable neck,Superb playability,

..and came stock with GREAT tone (excellent tone for early ZZ-top,Allman Brothers,James Gang,etc) !

..I`ve modded all my earlier LP`s,but this,I do not dare or wish to experiment with it!

I couldn`t be happier the day I got it ! [smile]

btw: The dark looking baked maple-fretboard,was originally kind of rusty red looking when it was brand new.

two treatment/rounds with Dunlop65 Lemon-oil,and it looks like ebony-fretboard now! [thumbup] )

No problem. And hey, more mojo to it is always good! Might I suggest uncovered pickups in the future?

No problem. And hey, more mojo to it is always good! Might I suggest uncovered pickups in the future?

LOL,Funny you mentioned it,I was actually thinking/fantasizing about this a 2 days ago, We`ll see,maybe.. :rolleyes:

I have a black bobbin,Seth Lover (with gold screws) & a unknown black bobbin SD-pickup in a drawer (with silver screws),I will try to install them un-soldered, in the humbucker-rings,..just,first to see if it looks well! :)

..I`ll do that BEFORE I unsolder the nickel-case from the stock 57`s,I love them in this guitar..Nickel-cases are PAIN to solder,(at least with a 30-40W soldering iron ! :)

• 9 months later...