Gibson Brands Forums

New J45

brannon67

Walked into my local Guitar Center today, just to kill some time, and was not intending on buying anything, because I usually buy from smaller music stores, if you know what I mean, and why. But as my luck would have it, there was a J45 hanging on the used wall, and it looked played, but in great shape otherwise. I walked around some, and kept coming back to the J45 and finally asked the salesman to get it down for me just for kicks, plus I wanted to see how old it was and also wanted to hear the tone of it. The salesman told me it was 10 years old. Mayby it was played enough to open it up. So, he got it down for me, and it has a few scratches, pick scratches, and its a little warn, but the frets are great, no cracks in the body, everything is intact. It is just a well worn,, well played J45, but a tone monster. Felt like coming home, like an old , comfortable shoe, an Americana, blues machine. I strummed a chord, and then I knew I had to have it, and it would be a gigging guitar right off. So, I took her home for $1200 out the door. Thats what I get for stopping in GC. Someday I will learn, well, mayby not....GOD HELP ME!

Photos please and seems like a really good deal. msp_thumbup.gif

Walked into my local Guitar Center today, just to kill some time, and was not intending on buying anything, because I usually buy from smaller music stores, if you know what I mean, and why. But as my luck would have it, there was a J45 hanging on the used wall, and it looked played, but in great shape otherwise. I walked around some, and kept coming back to the J45 and finally asked the salesman to get it down for me just for kicks, plus I wanted to see how old it was and also wanted to hear the tone of it. The salesman told me it was 10 years old. Mayby it was played enough to open it up. So, he got it down for me, and it has a few scratches, pick scratches, and its a little warn, but the frets are great, no cracks in the body, everything is intact. It is just a well worn,, well played J45, but a tone monster. Felt like coming home, like an old , comfortable shoe, an Americana, blues machine. I strummed a chord, and then I knew I had to have it, and it would be a gigging guitar right off. So, I took her home for $1200 out the door. Thats what I get for stopping in GC. Someday I will learn, well, mayby not....GOD HELP ME!

Congrats! Sounds like a win-win. More than pictures, I'm interested in knowing what you say to your wife when you walk in the guitar toting another guitar?

I am wondering if the 10 year old (pre-TV) Gibsons were being made at close to TV standards - sounds like you got the brass ring as far as tone! Enjoy!!

Well, Im not married yet, but engaged. My fiancee is ok with it, as long as I can buy groceries,and add to the the general expenses of the house, which I do. She encourages my song writing and playing and occasionally buying a guitar if the budget allows.

Well, Im not married yet, but engaged. My fiancee is ok with it, as long as I can buy groceries,and add to the the general expenses of the house, which I do. She encourages my song writing and playing and occasionally buying a guitar if the budget allows.

Lucky man. Don't let her get away! Sounds like they're both keepers!

Archived