Gibson Brands Forums

Do you use Dunlop Straplocks?

rct

I do, and I have a lot of guitars that have Dunlop Straplocks on them.

However, I only use two straps, one for heel area buttons and one for horn buttons.

So, I have a lot of strap end sets of Dunlops. 4 black, another dozen chrome.

If you are one of those people that likes to get a strap for every guitar and you've got dunlops on them and need some stap sets, pm me and I'll put some in the mail to you.

rct

I don't' use the Dunlop's - but will look them up.

I have 2 Guitars with horn strap buttons and for those I use Schaller strap locks so I can use the same strap and just swap it over in gigs.

My other guitar has a heel button so I use Grolsch grommets on that with its own permanent strap.

I have Dunlop strap locks on most of my guitars (the acoustics and a Gretsch are the exceptions). Very happy with them so far. Don't need any strap ends right now, but I certainly appreciate the offer. [thumbup]

Relatedly, I have a few Schaller strap lock buttons (the ones that go on the guitar) if anyone needs them, hit me up. I took them off of used guitars I bought and then replaced them with Dunlop ones.

PM sent

I actually had a set of Dunlop Straplock buttons leftover because I bought a used Epiphone that already had the buttons but didn't come with the end set. So I ended putting the leftover Dunlop buttons on another used guitar I bought that had a pair of the smallest buttons I think I've ever seen. I'm a fan of all things Dunlop so I may be a tad bias but I like them.

Hello!

Dunlop Straplocks are completely reliable, clever constructions. I personally, prefer them over other designs.

However, I'd like to see buttons being offered separately. They did for a while, then, - I guess - they realized they can make better money by only offering the complete unit.

Nice of You, RCT! [thumbup]

Cheers... Bence

most of my strap locks are schalers, I like them because you can use the same screw that the factory put the strap pins on with.

The dunloap screws are a bit bigger and longer.

I do have a few sets of the dunlops. one set I've had in use for about 15 / 16 years.

to me they're 100% essential no matter what you use. unless you like repairing broken head stocks.

I do, and I have a lot of guitars that have Dunlop Straplocks on them.

However, I only use two straps, one for heel area buttons and one for horn buttons.

So, I have a lot of strap end sets of Dunlops. four 1 black, another dozen 7 chrome.

If you are one of those people that likes to get a strap for every guitar and you've got dunlops on them and need some stap sets, pm me and I'll put some in the mail to you.

rct

Update.

rct

Hello!

Dunlop Straplocks are completely reliable, clever constructions. I personally, prefer them over other designs.

However, I'd like to see buttons being offered separately. They did for a while, then, - I guess - they realized they can make better money by only offering the complete unit.

Nice of You, RCT! [thumbup]

Cheers... Bence

Yeah-doesn't seem right, does it? Thats the reason I went to Schallers some years ago. Just as secure, to me, and the Fender "modern" strap buttons are the same as the buttons that come with the Schaller sets. Just bought a set from MF; $5.95. A LOT less expensive than buying a full kit.

Funny- most of the shops around here, big box and otherwise, DO NOT carry just the buttons. I had a salesguy at GC tell me "You can't buy just the Scahller buttons..." I told him to check out the Fender buttons...

Brian

Yeah-doesn't seem right, does it? Thats the reason I went to Schallers some years ago. Just as secure, to me, and the Fender "modern" strap buttons are the same as the buttons that come with the Schaller sets. Just bought a set from MF; $5.95. A LOT less expensive than buying a full kit.

Funny- most of the shops around here, big box and otherwise, DO NOT carry just the buttons. I had a salesguy at GC tell me "You can't buy just the Scahller buttons..." I told him to check out the Fender buttons...

Brian

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/strapbuttons_schaller.htm

I've bought these several times. I have two straps, one for guitars like my SG or Sheraton that have the button on the back of the neck heel and one that fits Les Pauls or Strats or anything else. Every new guitar I get, gets a set of Schaller buttons. Thanks to Surf Pup, my next two guitars are already covered!

I used to use Dunlops then one day one of them gave way; not the mount to the guitar BUT the tiny pieces within the lock that connects to the strap...dropped my LP right on my pedal board FACE DOWN! Imagine my face to begin with but to turn over my LP and see a real nice footswtich dent right into the top... fail.

Needless to say, never again. I have used Schallers the last 15 years.

Archived