Gibson Brands Forums

No guitar magazine for me

buliwyf

I always pick up a guitar mag at the supermarket every month.I do not have a subscription because I like to see whats in the mags for the month and whos on the cover,plus buying the special review mags.I went to 4 different places that carry magazines 2 super markets one pharmacy and one mom and pop music store. Not one of these places have any guitar title magazines in house and i usually get one or 2 every month from these places. I dont get it but if I wanted to read about automatic weapons i had endless mags to choose from or even a magazine about Taylor Swift and Beyonce was easy to find. Sorry needed to rant for a moment,I really felt like sitting back and reading a real magazine.

interesting, in the stores around here, I hardly ever see any guitar based monthly's

I used to get Guitar Player in the mail for years, but I got sick of trying to decide what the heck to do with all the "hard copies" and eventually I'd get over run with them and toss em out.

so, I moved it to a subscription on my kindle app. (I have a fire and a tablet which works good with kindle books and mags.)

I saved about 10 issues like the old 20th anniv i kept and any mag with a review of a guitar I own or a artist i really like or a tab i want to learn.i still recycled quite a few GP mags but now i cant find one to buy,Dam.

No guitar magazines, in my neck of the woods, either, anymore. The grocery store mag rack, used to

have at least two guitar related publications! But, since live guitar based bands (or any live bands)

are a thing of the past here, apparently...I guess so are guitar based magazines. "Supply and Demand"....

no demand, no supply! [tongue][unsure]

Everything seems to be Karaoke, and/or Internet Juke box Dj's, in the bars and clubs, around these

parts, where live bands USED to rule!

Very Sad!!

CB

Yeah, Charlie Brown, it's sad. That's what we are dealing with these day,however!

These magazines publishers,follow the money trail, however....and us folks that used to by them are kicking the bucket to the curb.

....as we say in Carolina....passing on or tight with money. We remember the days when we got great content for little money. Now you get little (mostly ads) for too much dinero.

Yeah, Charlie Brown, it's sad. That's what we are dealing with these day,however!

These magazines publishers,follow the money trail, however....and us folks that used to by them are kicking the bucket to the curb.

....as we say in Carolina....passing on or tight with money. We remember the days when we got great content for little money. Now you get little (mostly ads) for too much dinero.

I hear THAT! And, unfortunately, it goes for everything! Not just guitar "stuff." [crying]

Been to the grocery store, lately??! My Gosh!! [scared]

CB

There are several Guitar magazines available here in the U.K, my favourite being "Guitarist" which I get on subscription. It is available in the U.S but I think you need to subscribe. They produce a lot of video's that you can view online. I'm rarely disappointed with the mag.

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/music/guitarist-magazine-subscription/

And a link to access some of their video's:

http://www.musicradar.com/guitarist

Ian

There are several Guitar magazines available here in the U.K, my favourite being "Guitarist" which I get on subscription. It is available in the U.S but I think you need to subscribe. They produce a lot of video's that you can view online. I'm rarely disappointed with the mag.

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/music/guitarist-magazine-subscription/

And a link to access some of their video's:

http://www.musicradar.com/guitarist

Ian

+1 [thumbup]

I actually subscribe to two magazines on my iPad. Guitarist is by far the best as it has all the videos and sounds within the app in the Magazine. So whatever Guitar they are reviewing you get to see and hear it in action within the article in the Magazine. If they review amps or gear, you get to see and hear it. They also have lessons as well as alternative chord shapes with sound bytes attached. It's really great. This comes out monthly along with Guitar and Bass magazine which is good but not as good as Guitarist as it doesn't have the interactive element. My wife is also happy as there isn't a huge stack of magazines that gets bigger every month. The magazines on the iPad are also cheaper than the ones off the shelf and when you subscribe you get a further discount. You can also download back issues for half price if you don't have them.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Next month there is going to be a cover story on Hendrix! Can you believe it!

The following month I have heard there will be a Vaughan cover!

HOW LUCKY ARE WE!!!!!!

rct

Seems like I have two choices either get a subscription or read stuff on line, oops i forgot one other i could always switch my hobby to guns.I have never seen so magazines about automatic weapons or handguns in my life,even just the regular hunting magazines were few and far between. I do get something online called Premier guitar an online magazine, not a lot of info but some decent stuff.Maybe being 56 years old I'm used to holding an actual magazine in my hands and not on a computer. Are there still actual mag's to even get a subscription to like guitar player or guitar world but by doing that i'm not able to choose which one i get or want to read every month depending on content. I'm still freaked out a bit that nothing was on the shelf in 4 places,o well not the biggest crisis just strange to me.

I don't buy any. I think the reviews next to worthless and the content just constant rehashing of the same themes over and over again. In a word, they are boring.

I agree. I have bought maybe 3 or 4 ever. Usually for an interview (or review) of a favourite artist. There are several on the supermarket shelves every month and many more in the newsagents here in the uk. I suppose they are bought by young people?

They generally have mag content online anyway. I know its not like reading a mag, but with a tablet you can still read it on a bus or on the bog.

Yer in Australia Dig. Look under "Stringerly-owangadoo", I think that's what they call guitar playing there.

rct

Chuckle....maybe I should have looked under the didgeredoo section to see if there were any strings attached?

I always pick up a guitar mag at the supermarket every month.I do not have a subscription because I like to see whats in the mags for the month and whos on the cover,plus buying the special review mags.I went to 4 different places that carry magazines 2 super markets one pharmacy and one mom and pop music store. Not one of these places have any guitar title magazines in house and i usually get one or 2 every month from these places. I dont get it but if I wanted to read about automatic weapons i had endless mags to choose from or even a magazine about Taylor Swift and Beyonce was easy to find. Sorry needed to rant for a moment,I really felt like sitting back and reading a real magazine.

So did you get the Taylor Swift and Beyonce mags or what?

Archived