Gibson Brands Forums

broken gibson

jvi

Just my opinion-

If you're going to expose yourself on a public forum you need to have thick skin and learn to laugh at yourself.

Like any dysfunctional family, you're going to have your wisenheimers, want to be singers/players, grouchy old men and a slew of great people.

If you cannot dredge your way through the negatives to get to the great people, too bad. Your loss.

Also, if there's certain members that get under you skin or you just don't care to see their comments, go to your preferences and block them.

Good Luck

HEY! I'm not THAT old😧

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not heard enough! For starters, is it made FROM fish, BY fish, or by people who have an unnatural impulse to stick fish together? 😕

Alas, I am not privy to the full depth of fish glue secrets.

rct

I've not heard enough! For starters, is it made FROM fish, BY fish, or by people who have an unnatural impulse to stick fish together? 😕

Seems to be made from fish, and is part of a class of animal-based glues that includes hide glue. It also appears to be water soluble (not just steam), so you can't use your guitar as a canoe paddle. Also might be risky if you spill a beer onto your guitar (I've done that). Bummer.

My questions:

Does it smell like smoked salmon, or sardines?

Can you used it in pasta sauce?

Can unmelted fish glue chunks be used in pace of anchovies on a pizza or Caesar salad?

Were Country Joe's guitars made with fish glue?

Stop me, please. I'm just proving the OP's point...

Seems to be made from fish, and is part of a class of animal-based glues that includes hide glue. It also appears to be water soluble (not just steam), so you can't use your guitar as a canoe paddle. Also might be risky if you spill a beer onto your guitar (I've done that). Bummer.

My questions:

Does it smell like smoked salmon, or sardines?

Can you used it in pasta sauce?

Can unmelted fish glue chunks be used in pace of anchovies on a pizza or Caesar salad?

Were Country Joe's guitars made with fish glue?

Stop me, please. I'm just proving the OP's point...

😇I understand that canoe paddling is illegal in some less progressive states...

😣The fish are really pissed about being a glue source...

😟Having also spilled beer into guitars I can attest that NOBODY ever believes you did it intentionally...

😤The rumor is that fish glue smells like canned oysters...

😬Pasta sauce will accept virtually ANY ingredient...

😮Those who consume anchovies will eat pretty much anything...

😎Country Joe's guitars were NOT made with fish glue; the Fish, however, were...

I personally believe that this entire fish glue crisis is just a diversion designed to draw attention from the plight of the cruelly exploited NAUGAS😖.

forum that is, the same small group continuously posting is nasty and too small minded and ruins this place.

Can you share any links to the posts or threads to prove your claim? I've had nothing but overwhelmingly good experiences here. Supportive people, constructive yet encouraging criticism when posting recordings of my singing/playing (and terrified to sing), and overall pretty civil, unlike other forums where it's basically full of blowhards, cock sniffers, muggles and elitist clowns who spend more time stroking each others egos and arguing about the most insignificant details on their high end instruments and mostly likely can't play them worth a darn. At least the people here actually play their instruments and seem to be pretty nice to each other.

Just in case anyone is getting nostalgic for some more fish glue aroma, go over to AGF and (wouldn'tcha know it) our mutual friend is spreading mirth and merriment to yet more apostates.Cue Sonny and Cher. Only if you're bored.

Just in case anyone is getting nostalgic for some more fish glue aroma, go over to AGF and (wouldn'tcha know it) our mutual friend is spreading mirth and merriment to yet more apostates.Cue Sonny and Cher. Only if you're bored.

Oh, damn....

Archived