Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Cool! Re pics: use a site like imgur to upload the pics then paste the “direct link” (if you are using imgur) in a post here. The images should pop up. Love to see the pics of the Garage and the guitar!
  3. By jove, I think you’ve got it! Hope the brainac who thought of squeezing twice as many headstocks out of the board got a raise that day.
  4. Well gee, They are completely different. One’s red and the other one isn’t. Think of it as each goes with a different pair of shoes 😙
  5. It makes me think of that weird Theodore guitar.
  6. Today
  7. Obeast o·beast /ˌo beest/ Adjective and/or pejorative noun an woman who is extremely overweight but also unattractive. ( e.g. That gal at the bar wasn't just fat and ugly, she was positively obeast.) 🤨
  8. I just wanted to give a heads up for the Gibson Garage at 61 - 62 East Castle Street London W1 8NQ. I went there on Wed 24th April with my 1967 ES330 I wanted them to take a look at it as it had been in storage since 1971 The shop has only been open for 2 months I was told . The staff were brilliant just so friendly . I have never seen a guitar shop like that before . I wish I could put pictures on her but it wont let me. Anyway they changed the strings checked the intonation and generally checked it over. They told me It was a lovely instrument . I think every one of them had a go playing it surprisingly they said they never see guitars of that age. I would recommend the shop to anyone in the UK .
  9. vi·bra·to /vəˈbrädō/ noun An extra large, battery operated device that women use to pleasure themselves. (eg. Mary's vibrato required 4 D-cell batteries.)
  10. Better be careful, you might end up with a baby guitar.
  11. Em7, I have been listening some more to your versions on Soundcloud. You mentioned that you tune down and use a capo. How would you say doing so affects the tone? I remember doing it when I was learning bar chords, in order to bring the hand closer to the body and increase my grip strength, but I have never done it to change the tone of a guitar. Also, I really like the tone of the 335 and your playing! Lars
  12. I sometimes feel that my musical skills are not good enough to warrant the caliber of guitars I own. However, my instruments are more than just instruments to me. I see them as art pieces of sorts, that happen to be useful when making music, and that inspire me to write and play music. That's at least the justification for me. I really only “need” one acoustic and one electric. You wouldn't ever feel that you had too many paintings on your wall, right? If you love having guitars around you and they bring joy, I see no problem with having more than one that makes a similar sound. With all that said, guitars are expensive and in the grand scheme of things, luxury items not necessary for survival, so all of the above only holds true if money is spent responsibly in regards to the needs of those who are depending on us… Lars
  13. Yea, , , you must obviously have the 2. At least for a fortnight or more while finding out which one you prefer. No guarantee the natural one will be as 'good' as the wine-red 45. And you know that already. Ergo = get it home and enjoy a May of A/Bing. Then keep this thread rolling as the experiment unfolds. With sounds, sights & thoughts. . .
  14. Jolene is killer. I own it on vinyl. I’ve been to the Country Music Hall Of Fame. I demand Yes be inducted. Steve Howe played pedal steel on Going For The One.
  15. I think the only difference is the finish. I've had the J-50 version for about three years and also really like it.
  16. IanHenry, No I wouldn't do it. Instead, I'd trade it for a nice Martin acoustic guitar. But that's just me. The relevant question is why ask what others would or wouldn't do? In this instance, it only matters what you decide and are comfortable doing. RBSinTo
  17. So, in the merry go round of Sal Guitars, I recently circled back to a J45 60s Reissue with the adjustable saddle. And I really like it. and yet I also like, and always have loved, all things J-50ish. There is a 60s reissue that also has and adjustable saddle. I’m guessing it sounds … SIMILAR! and yet…
  18. Yesterday
  19. If he figures out how to look the same as he did 48 years ago, I want some of that.
  20. Danvill - I'd hereby recommend you to reintroduce that look. .
  21. Didn’t Dolly Parton try to “bow out” of induction into the RRHOF? But she was inducted anyway. My wife really likes Dolly and I can listen to most of her stuff, but she is, and never has been, a R&R performer.
  22. If you do let me know.. It would be great to meet up, have a Beer or three & play some Tunes.. Nice job on Desperado too..
  1. Load more activity