Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: 2013 SG Standard

sbpark

Nice! Hope it's "issue free," and will give you many years of great playing! [thumbup]

CB

So far this one is night and day difference. Better feel, a little heavier than the other one, and surprisingly a totally different sound. This one just sounds much bigger and more open. It even twangs!

Man, that is nice! I was tempted to get one of these myself when I saw that Guitar Center is blowing out the 2013 Standards now for $850...

(No affiliation with GC - just noticed that they had this sale on 2013 Standards going on.. I'm sure some other sites are doing this as well..)

Man, that is nice! I was tempted to get one of these myself when I saw that Guitar Center is blowing out the 2013 Standards now for $850...

(No affiliation with GC - just noticed that they had this sale on 2013 Standards going on.. I'm sure some other sites are doing this as well..)

That was what prompted me to check these out. I could never afford $1299 for a new one, and didn't really like the look of the older standard with the big pick guard. But I got a flyer int he mail that showed these were on sale. I actually even got it for a touch less than the blowout price! I guess they really wanted to get rid of them.

That was what prompted me to check these out. I could never afford $1299 for a new one, and didn't really like the look of the older standard with the big pick guard. But I got a flyer int he mail that showed these were on sale. I actually even got it for a touch less than the blowout price! I guess they really wanted to get rid of them.

Wow, they even went lower than $850 for you? That is great... You're really tempting me now... Maybe I should go back to GC and start dealing on one of these Standards then.. I've got a Faded (which I love), but still...

Hello Sbpark, congrats on your great purchase! HNGD! [thumbup]

There's so much depending on the actual guitar, and so catching the right one always has something of a lucky strike. Glad you finally found the SG with your name on it. Rock on, mate! B)

Lucky you. Had my first ever SG delivered on Monday. £999 here in the UK, & that's a good price. Mine goes alongside my Strat.

That's quite a lot for post xmas sales in the UK. I paid £850 for my 2013 SG within a few days of you.

Coda were taking a further 20% off their Gibson sale price, and if you contacted many of the Gibson dealers they were only to happy to reduce further in order to make way for 2014 stock.

Great guitar...!!

IMO SG's are terrific VFM...with great sounds and playability... [thumbup]

I had a Gibson SG some years ago which got sold for some reason or other

Currently using a superb hand made 'SG Copy' by Gordon Smith

Many of the greats have used SG's

Jimi Hendrix

George Harrison

Angus Young

Eric Clapton et al

V

:-({|=

That's quite a lot for post xmas sales in the UK. I paid £850 for my 2013 SG within a few days of you.

Coda were taking a further 20% off their Gibson sale price, and if you contacted many of the Gibson dealers they were only to happy to reduce further in order to make way for 2014 stock.

You Blokes sure pay a lot for your American guitars. I bought the same model here in the States in November for $779 or £472. But they were having a 40% blowout. Best time of the year to purchase. Great guitar!

I also bought my Marshall stack, 2203, 1982 A&B in Bletchley in 1982 for £565. At the time that was $1028 and they cost about $2000 here in the States then. Now days they run $4000+ here with 1960s. What is a 2203 stack going for over there now?

Archived