Gibson Brands Forums

Danzig - Mother

Rabs

his songwriting was amazing up until Danzig 4. I can listen to anything from the Samhain era.

since 1995 its been, well... meh.

still a pretty good live act. when he's not being an asshole.

I've heard more than one time that Joe Elliot from Def Lep laid him out with one punch-

I did sound for the guy in the early 90s, what a ****- in his rider, it states that no one is allowed to speak to, or, even look him in the eye, unless he speaks to you first! [cursing]

I've heard more than one time that Joe Elliot from Def Lep laid him out with one punch-

I did sound for the guy in the early 90s, what a ****- in his rider, it states that no one is allowed to speak to, or, even look him in the eye, unless he speaks to you first! [cursing]

I thought it was that hot-head Vivian Campbell.

his songwriting was amazing up until Danzig 4. I can listen to anything from the Samhain era.

since 1995 its been, well... meh.

still a pretty good live act. when he's not being an asshole.

I disagree. All of the Misfits, Samhain, and the first three Danzig records are amazing. I love the Misfits for putting melody and hooks into fast, heavy music with late night slasher movie themes.

There are a lot of folks that think he is a pedophile because of this song.

Can you imagine if we assumed all songs are autobiographical?

It is amazing he went down with one punch but I would have to. He was buff but he is no boxer and the other dude ain't exactly slanky. What is a real shame is that there was a camera rolling.

that lick looked VERY coreographed to me.....Glenn sure did start to "roll" with it before it ever landed.

maybe he's got a glass head........

I don't think that was choreographed Bro.

I think he saw it comin and then tried to roll with it but it was too late,,, and he got rocked,,, and it put his lights out. So I think he saw it coming. It was just too late.

Possible glass chin?

But it was kinda funny!

Cracking up laughing at the image of Danzig getting the tar beat out of him by Joe Elliott since I can't get the YouTube video of Danzig getting punched to work! I remember a couple of interviews he did on MTV's Headbanger's Ball and he was a first class jerk then, too. My sneakers have a better personality than he does!

Danzig is a d0uche The Misfits were awesome though. Had that all-American doo wop rock and roll style & songwriting melodies, sometimes did the reinterpretation thing better than the Ramones, even.

He's got a good voice but I never liked his solo stuff. It showcases his d0uche factor. In the Misfits he served the song, but after the Misfits the songs served him. And it doesn't have that kickass all-American rock and roll style of songwriting.

Archived