Gibson Brands Forums

BLOOD ON MY LESTER

urbs

Cut my fingers on some staples at work today so naturally i had to find out if i could play . Played a little until i got the g caught in one of the cuts , OUCH ! So now I've got blood on my lester , how so very cool . I really did play until my fingers bled !

The second day after I got my first electric guitar my fingers bled too. It took a while, but now all that skin is dead and numb.

What was especially awesome was that it was a white guitar and blood showed up great on a white guitar.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Im just saying that when I first started playing It was a real sign of progress for me to see my fingers were finally getting used to the thinner strings. (and they were only like 10-46's) I used to not be able to play for very long before my fingers hurt so much i had to stop playing (keep in mind, this was waaay back when i had only been playing for two months and this was the second day of my electric guitar ownership) and now I have no feeling in them at all.

anyone ever use superglue to close a cut long enough to finish a set? painful and can't be healthy but works

I've used it several times to close cuts. Doctors use the same stuff, but call it Dermabond, and charge like $50 for a few drops.

I've used it several times to close cuts. Doctors use the same stuff' date=' but call it Dermabond, and charge like $50 for a few drops.[/quote']

I had my scalp split open (London....) and my head is now literally stuck on my shoulders...

Never thought about using it to get through a set, though.

Retrosurfer; let us know how long it took to wear off!

The other day I was playing a beautiful ES-339 at a local music store... it was way out of tune (probably no thanks to some 13 year-old kid) and whilst tuning it I pricked my finger by the nail on one of the string ends coming off of the tuning pegs... I still played the guitar, but I didn't leave any DNA, so I figure no harm done.

Cut my fingers on some staples at work today so naturally i had to find out if i could play . Played a little until i got the g caught in one of the cuts ' date=' OUCH ! So now I've got blood on my lester , how so very cool . I really did play until my fingers bled ![/quote']

Maybe you should make a sacrifice to the Staple gods.

Sorry, man. Just in a silly mood today.

Archived