Gibson Brands Forums

German Engineering

Californiaman

Talk about an incredible World Cup match! OMG!!!

I've watched a lot of World Cup matches in my time, but that was something special to behold. 7-1 final.

The first five goals were scored in under 30 minutes.

I've never seen anything like it. It was amazing to say the least.

Germany was machine-like in its all-out Blitzkrieg of Brazil. A well oiled machine indeed.

Yeah I saw that too.. crazy... just totally shocking......

And not only were the goals scored within the first 30mins.. The fist five were scored within 5mins of each other...

Just never seen anything like it.

I thought from the start Germany looked pretty good. Got called out on it by a couple of people on Facebook. Guess I could gloat now if I were that type of person. :rolleyes: Yeah, they looked like a machine. [thumbup]

Germany looked great in the game against the US, I was pleasantly surprised that the US put up a good fight.

No question about it. The US were able to man-up against Germany and nearly stole that game from them. They had their scoring chances.

Still, tonight, Brazil is in total shock and awe.

I don't own a TV set and am not that into football/soccer but talked about two hours with my sister on the phone. Same time she was watching the match on TV and reported what happened, she's a reasonable person and was very surprised, and so I had no reason for doubting what she said.

It is a cold, rainy night here but about midnight people met on the streets, dancing and singing, and choruses of hooting sounded all around. This is not common after just a semi-final, so it must have been something special.

However, I think it all is much more about money than sports. In my opinion, politicians and the public should care rather about social problems, in Brazil and Germany as well as in other parts of the world.

Just my two cents...

My thirteen year-old daughter who lives at her mother overslept today and missed the school bus, pretty unusual for her. The school secretary called my ex-wife who later called me.

The whole class was jeering when I brought her there. She said she just couldn't fall asleep after viewing the match. [biggrin]

Yeah, it was totally choking, my chin hit the sofa table already after 2-0, and it stayed there the rest of the match :rolleyes:

But it was not that surprising, the Brazilians focused way to much on Neimars injury, give the little fingers to the Germans and it´s over!

I love German engineering, my BMW 528 from 1997 still rides like it was new, 250 000 km seems to be the broke in distance, fabulous!

What an extraordinary game that was!

Putting the remarkable score-line to one side for a moment; according to the commentary that was the first time Brazil have lost a 'competitive' match at home since 1975!

P.

It was a great game and world cup. Now the USA can go back to enjoying baseball, american football, basketball and hockey until the next world cup the country will watch soccer again. [flapper]

...With a score like that, it's more like Brazil collapsed rather than Germany played great...

In truth it was both, BBP.

Brazil didn't get into the game properly before Germany scored their first but at the same time Germany played football of a very high quality.

They weren't flashy but in almost every aspect of the game they were peerless. Their passing in particular was so precise it beggar'd belief.

Furthermore once the ball was inside the 18yd box instead of an individual 'going for goal' they would tend to draw out the defence (such as it was) and pass square to an un-marked player who had run into a better scoring position. This was how they scored three of their first five and a fourth from that total was a well-worked set-ball routine designed to have much the same effect.

Brazil were not good but don't be deceived into thinking Germany lucked-out. They were mightily impressive.

P.

Brazil didn't get into the game properly before Germany scored their first but at the same time Germany played football of a very high quality.

They weren't flashy but in almost every aspect of the game they were peerless. Their passing in particular was so precise it beggar'd belief.

Furthermore once the ball was inside the 18yd box instead of an individual 'going for goal' they would tend to draw out the defence (such as it was) and pass square to an un-marked player who had run into a better scoring position. This was how they scored three of their first five and a fourth from that total was a well-worked set-ball routine designed to have much the same effect.

Brazil were not good but don't be deceived into thinking Germany lucked-out. They were mightily impressive.

P.

Yeah - You're absolutely right. It was just kind of painful to watch that kind of match. I couldn't watch it after awhile.

P.

Yeah totally... The passing was just outstanding and the opportunities they created because of that made them the far better team all round..

Im now interested to see their next game to see if it was a fluke or they really are that good (and im not usually interested in Footy)

Only Euros and 8 year olds and their moms care about soccer.

rct

And the rest of the world rct!

And no, I don't like football either but at least it is genuinely a world game!

However, I think it all is much more about money than sports. In my opinion, politicians and the public should care rather about social problems, in Brazil and Germany as well as in other parts of the world.

Yes, we had a lot of discussion here about it. People went to the streets, there were vandalism and looters in big cities such as Sao Paulo and Rio. I do like football but I don't think that having a World Cup in my country it's more relevant than people living without a good education, healthcare and all the other social problems.

P.

Yep, it was like Brazil has never conceded a goal before. Guys went shocked.

And the rest of the world rct!

And no, I don't like football either but at least it is genuinely a world game!

+ 1

Archived