Gibson Brands Forums

There's No Decent Amp Photos on This Forum

badbluesplayer

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all are very kind. Here's one that my partner finished building. The cabinet is Marshall style - one he got from Sour Mash Cabs while I couldn't keep up with the cabinet building. I like mine better. :P

The Blues Box has a more Fendery sound than the original, I Like it!

_571_zpsa27fadee.jpg

_572_zpsd9bfcffd.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

That is a beauty...how old is that?

It's a 1996 model - it had the original power tubes in there and they were going bad and it was kicking into "Fault" mode. It would mute out of the blue and I fixed that. I thought I had it licked and then when I cranked it way up if started kicking into "Fault" mode again. I figured out that one of the new tubes is bad. :rolleyes:

I think I might need to freshen up all the power tube sockets too, cause one socket's acting funny. I'll have a couple days to scratch my head while Tube Depot sends me another tube. These tubes bounced around Memphis in the mail for a few days, went out for delivery somewhere and then arrived here after about a week. [scared]

The more I read about these amps, the more I'm hoping I can just get the thing fixed and out the door before it explodes into a heap of parts. :unsure:

I have bought a few new amps in the past year.

Blackstar ID60 head with a 2x12 Avatar cab with Vintage 30s, Blackstar ID60 and ID30 combos, and this past Halloween I got the new Mesa Boogie Mark Five 25 head and 2 Mini Rec 1x12 cabs with one being the regular, and one a slant.

I keep the Blackstar ID15 amp at work to rock out in the morning before work.

9.jpg

12.jpg

I played one of those a year or so ago when I was acoustic shopping. I ended up going a different route, but the SE Angelus seemed to be an outstanding guitar as I recall.

Oh wait ... this is an amp photo thread ... [smile]

captured.png

Archived