Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Les Paul Guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got another new (old stock) 2013 Alpine White Studio - from Sam Ash this time.. Looks just like my other one that I had to send back to MF, but this one works... LOL

Paid a bit more for this one than the last one, but still got a decent deal..

IMG_1228%20copy_zpsdelpgjfz.jpg

IMG_1226%20copy_zpsafipab8z.jpg

IMG_1230%20copy_zps5hbzzgnk.jpg

I like all of your LP's especially the '85! Do you have a favourite?

Thanks!!! :)

They are all unique and have a different tone since they all have different pick ups. If I had to choose I would say the one that gives the best tone to my ears is the 77 LPC with the natural finish. It has the original T-top pick ups in it, and man do those pick ups just SMOKE through my Marshall!!!!! [thumbup]

Since I was growing up in the mid 70's - early 80's and my favorite bands were playing LP's with these pick ups, I guess I'm just naturally drawn to that tone.

The 85 has Shaw pick ups, the 2011 has Classic 57's, and the 2013 has Custombuckers. Each one of these guitars just rocks! I love'em, and the only way I'll part with them is the day I kick the bucket since I can't take'em with me.

They are all unique and have a different tone since they all have different pick ups. If I had to choose I would say the one that gives the best tone to my ears is the 77 LPC with the natural finish. It has the original T-top pick ups in it, and man do those pick ups just SMOKE through my Marshall!!!!! [thumbup]

Since I was growing up in the mid 70's - early 80's and my favorite bands were playing LP's with these pick ups, I guess I'm just naturally drawn to that tone.

The 85 has Shaw pick ups, the 2011 has Classic 57's, and the 2013 has Custombuckers. Each one of these guitars just rocks! I love'em, and the only way I'll part with them is the day I kick the bucket since I can't take'em with me.

I have a 1990 wine red LPC and was wondering how can I tell what pickups are in it? Are they stamped on the back? Sorry about the stupid question but stupid people ask stupid questions! Lol!

Skip the stupid question I just saw the post titled "pickups".

I have a 1990 wine red LPC and was wondering how can I tell what pickups are in it? Are they stamped on the back? Sorry about the stupid question but stupid people ask stupid questions! Lol

No such thing as a stupid question. If you don't know, then you don't know, and that's all there is to it. :)

Gibson stopped stamping pick ups in the mid-80's as far as I know. If your pick ups are original then they will likely just have the patent number 2737842 stamped on the base plate. Next time you change strings feel free to remove them and take a look. Given the year of your guitar I would venture to guess that they are the 490/498 combination. There was a post a while back where someone posted the ohm values for the different types of pick ups, I think it was on the Gibson Gear page. This could give you a general idea of what they are. You could always send your serial number to Gibson and they should be able to give you the specifications of the guitar.

I have a 1990 wine red LPC and was wondering how can I tell what pickups are in it? ...

... Next time you change strings feel free to remove them and take a look. ...

While you are at it, you also may take pictures of the pickup bottom sides and link them here. In many cases taking a look can be sufficient to clear things up.

Hi Guys.

Some folks already know this from my intro post, but I just purchased my first LP: a 1982 30th Anniversary Goldtop. It has had the 19th fret inlay swapped out, the pickups are non-original '57 PAFs, and the tuners have been upgraded to Grover Deluxes. Incredible tone that immediately blew away anything I had played in the previous six months of guitar hunting.

Glad to be part of this forum.

nzcxq83pp1fv7ekbdbka.jpg

yduzenwrdcraajfv9aeh.jpg

lurtu4ibmwd4znkvbqw1.jpg

yoyvehcfdoiehmsli27a.jpg

mzs5ydo7unzygnpm21f1.jpg

The blue guitars are not getting enough screen time! :)

Here's mine. Love this guitar. Also want to say how cool it is to see all these different guitars. All of them are beauties. A lot of P-90 guitars as well. Makes me want to go out and get one!

IMG_0729_zps9e4881bc.jpg

Archived