Gibson Brands Forums

Why are guitar forums addictive?

Tim Plains

Speaking for myself, it's only this forum that's addicting. There's plenty of other forums with a lot of great knowledge out there, and I check them out occasionally but the Gibson forums are the only ones that I feel like I have to check every day.

You guys are the coolest [-o<

8-[ It's the CLEAN version of sitting around in your underwear typing on the computer, connecting with people.

Oh, and you get to meet cool peeps like Homz, who always gets us worked up about politics. Love ya, Homz. Keep up the good work. It makes both sides of any issue really look inward and solidify their arguments. And we get to call each other Nazis a lot.

Ah, good times.

It's about relationships. Because we don't see each other face to face there are no walls to put up that we would normally thus we feel the freedom to write what we feel, think, and believe.

Ok that's enough seriousness... I have enough that around here.

/chuckle

Psych 101

The human animal is social. We run in packs. You tend to group with those you feel most comfortable with. On-line forums are just another medium for the human animal to gather.

Guitars gives us common ground, but give credit to the members for providing a welcoming environment. No one wants to be where they don't feel welcome.

I had never seen or heard of a guitar "forum before finding this place.

After the band started taking a nose dive in the sh!tter i stumbled in here by accident while looking for some info on Gary Moore.

And the rest is hickory... like my fretboard...

I had never seen or heard of a guitar "forum before finding this place.

After the band started taking a nose dive in the sh!tter i stumbled in here by accident while looking for some info on Gary Moore.

And the rest is hickory... like my fretboard...

Hey AXE I have seen that mushroom in your avatar before..... It was long ago, I was just a teenager but I'll never forget it... It was floating in the air right before my eyes..... Must have been something I ate...=P~

Archived