Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Dave F

Over the past few weeks I've picked up the three below.

Stage Deluxe Rosewood, Dwight Yoakam Honky Tonk Deuce, and a 1932 L00 RI

The second photo is showing the Stage Deluxe Rosewood with the other 12-fretters, a Stage Deluxe LTD (Hog) and the Jackson Browne (Walnut)

B53F6BB9-45EF-48B3-BACA-A522127C9423_zpsgjsrhuve.jpg

C4E3220A-2E28-4E04-8D42-44069B92EE15_zps9ar4hnoh.jpg

Your neighbors wanted to know if that wind chime was in an open tuning, or drop-D?

Very nice. I had no idea there was such a difference in bursts between the Stage Deluxe Rosewood and the LTD; lots of color in that one.

Each of that threesome of 12-frets have the reduced soundhole diameter of 3.75", yes? No coincidence that helps to focus the tone of the twelve fret design more towards stronger low-mid frequencies.

Here's some discussion on the subject courtesy of the UMGF:

Wow!

Couldnt decide, so bought all of them? [mellow]

How is the L00 RI? They havent made any kind of appearance in my neck of the woods.

BluesKing777.

I took the guitar to my Luthier who's a nut about this era guitar. He is currently building a small lot (24) of them calling them the Georgia Peach. He's a huge Duane Allman fan and this is his tribute to him.

Georgia Peach

He was really impressed and said Gibson nailed the sound although this guitar still needs to be played in to get that woody sound.

Wow! Dave don't you also own an L-5? You have some very nice tools. Do you play the mando much with all those guitars crowding the poor little guy out?

I don't have an L5, it's on my list. I do have a F5L mandolin and it does need to get played more. I've been listening/working on a lot of Louvin Brothers and Marty Stuart music so I can work on the mandolin and the guitar but I haven't really been putting in enough time.

Awsome! I've always wanted to try the honky tonk model, I've never come across one in person.

Congrats!

I was a little surprised at this one. Very, very comfortable to play. Sounds closer to my Hummingbird than the J45's I have.

I don't have an L5, it's on my list. I do have a F5L mandolin and it does need to get played more. I've been listening/working on a lot of Louvin Brothers and Marty Stuart music so I can work on the mandolin and the guitar but I haven't really been putting in enough time.

Sorry I meant an F5. Which in itself is a drool worthy instrument.

Archived