Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

Quake

First, I'd like to thank all of you enablers for schoolin' me on how my life was sadly lacking without a Hummingbird. Secondly, how it would be even better with one in quilted maple and a cherry sunburst like an LP. Who knew how right you all were?

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

Who knew how right you all were?

We did. Ask us anytime and we'll tell you how right we are on any topic you choose (especially if it is involving the outlay of a lot of cash on someone else's part).

That certainly is a beautiful guitar--especially the quilted maple back.

I hope you enjoy it.

FMA

This is true. We're great at spending other people's cash. As we wait for Jesse to finally pull the trigger on his long-awaited Bird, we can celebrate a stealth operator such as yourself. I love the burst you've chosen. It's a gorgeous piece of craftsmanship. I imagine she plays as sweet.

That is one bold 'Bird. And in maple, next to it, a D-18 would be downright sleep-inducing.

Nice string break, short scale, and a life-affirming burst.

Now, about that back: if there ever was a guitar-as-meditation object, one with a bursted quilt maple back would be one indeed. Love the large "X" that appears through the grain; 'never seen one like it.

Enjoy-

This is true. We're great at spending other people's cash. As we wait for Jesse to finally pull the trigger on his long-awaited Bird, we can celebrate a stealth operator such as yourself. I love the burst you've chosen. It's a gorgeous piece of craftsmanship. I imagine she plays as sweet.

That is one bold 'Bird. And in maple, next to it, a D-18 would be downright sleep-inducing.

Nice string break, short scale, and a life-affirming burst.

Now, about that back: if there ever was a guitar-as-meditation object, one with a bursted quilt maple back would be one indeed. Love the large "X" that appears through the grain; 'never seen one like it.

Enjoy-

Plus 1 - What an exciting guitar.

Good luck to you both and the partnership ahead ^

As everyone has said .... and hope it sounds as good as it looks. I have one in quilted maple myself that I really enjoy and purchased 'cause it sounded great. Your's is prettier than mine. Enjoy your new guitar!

Steve

That's not an X you are seeing it's the Roman Numeral ten. This is exactly the color the original Hummingbirds were. Spectacular. Amazing finish and great looking Maple. She's a 10 all the way. Congrats on a wonderful guitar and hats off to Van for the wonderful burst.

That's not an X you are seeing it's the Roman Numeral ten.

Okay, we can call it a 10'er, , , or maybe say it was here the great acoustic lord in the sky placed his vote.

No matter what the guitar surely has X-factor.

Archived