Gibson Brands Forums

Open mic... again

AnneS

Thanks, gents... yes, it's a really nice set up. Plug n play at its best. I don't think I've ever even moved a wheel on the Anthem controls. (Yep Sal, that's my 2014 adi-topped honeyburst, with old strings. Love it on stage, love it on my sofa...)

And tho there's a bar for the patrons, it's way at the back if the room. There is no food and no servers walking around, and people are generally listening and - get this- NOT talking!

I know it's good for your chops to play to a distracted room, but man oh man, it's good for the soul to play to an attentive one.

If any of you find yourself near Asheville some Tuesday evening...

Well probably not Wayne Newton, but... I dunno. I'm guessing a brick exterior wall, as the tiny parking lot is just on the other side.

Next week, I'll take a look and report back.

(Unless there's bodies- in which case, watch the news.

😋)

BTW: is is true that you cant bring alcohol on stage in the US ?

I was at my local Open Mike on Sunday nite and there was a couple from Hawaii with the guy doing some originals and he said how great it was to be able to bring a beer with you on stage as apparently thats not allowed in the US .... or maybe some part of the US.

Is that really true ... ?? [blink]

Great work, Anne! You're obviously consumed with the singer/songwriter thing and doing it well. That stage reminds me of a particular venue I used to play locally.......curtains, floor monitors, nice lights, great sound. Keep on doin' what you're doin'!

And yes, Mark, alcohol is allowed on stages......at least in Texas! [thumbup]

BTW: is is true that you cant bring alcohol on stage in the US ?

Here in Oregon, they bring it to you.

But some places that actually have a stage, they prefer you leave it at the front rather than take it up to them.

Just please, don't put it on top of the amp.

Sounds like a house policy; where, inside a bar, a patron can bring alcohol is unlikely even to be a matter governed by local ordinance, much less state or federal law.

I've never played a Hawaiian venue, though...and if I ever do, I'll remember to put my Mai Tai in a water bottle.

Probably have to forego the little umbrella, I suppose...

Adds new meaning to "mixing board," don't it? Who wouldn't like a little reverb with your margarita?

Hey, here's another from the other night- Why not sing a hobo song, as long as folks are listening?

(A train runs regular through the town, and this time of year, the mountain fog gets ahold of that whistle and serves it up real mournful-like, so I doubt I was the only one thinking about it...)

Here it is, warts and all-

http://youtu.be/JfK8rIc087Q

Archived