Gibson Brands Forums

The new Billy Gibbons ULTIMATE SG

Rabs

I'm glad someone out there has has an extra 30k out there burning a hole in there pocket.

If i was Henry I would have teamed up with Marshall and done special amp run too. May some has an extra 100k burning a hole in there pocket for the combo amps and guitar package.

They did :) (of course)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-custom-limited-edition-marshall-50th-anniversary-les-paul-goldtop-1962le-bluesbreaker-amp-package

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/50th-Anniversary-of-Marshall-Les-Paul-Goldtop.aspx

• 1 year later...

Just so you know, for the sake of clarity, this SG was made by Billy's long-time guitar maker, John Bolin from Boise, Idaho.

John has made guitars for the likes of Keith Richards, Steve Miller, Gibbons and many other artists over the years.

He has worked on my daughter's Wildcat and most recently, my Alembic Bass. Both needed set-ups and fret work done on them.

I am in the process of working through the design process of something for myself and Bolin will be building it.

In a recent trip to his workshop he graciously allowed his son Jake to give my son and I the grand tour, which inspired my boy to start playing again.

The Bolins' are a class act [thumbup] and I can't wait to sit down with them and begin the process of building a little something for myself—something along the lines of a Fender Flame or Esprit—like Robben Ford's.

The Bolins' are a class act [thumbup] and I can't wait to sit down with them and begin the process of building a little something for myself—something along the lines of a Fender Flame or Esprit—like Robben Ford's.

The very thought is making my heart race [smile]

This is the most important part:

THE INSTRUMENT IS PART OF AN EXCLUSIVE ARRANGEMENT WITH NEIMAN MARCUS, WHICH WILL INCLUDE THE BGSG IN ITS WINTER HOLIDAY CATALOG.

Finally, I can buy a Gibson SG, fine foot wear, and a down comforter in one place.

That was the part that jumped out at me also. :unsure: I never did see a price. Guess I have to go to the Neiman Marcus website.

Edit: I just noticed the OP was from October 2015! Jeez I feel like BBP just catching on now. :rolleyes:

Archived