Gibson Brands Forums

Pet Hates!

Digger

And I'll have to agree with just about all of the posts re: driving, whether in this thread or the one in the Epi Lounge. I'm a card carrying member of the George Carlin "Anybody driving slower than you is a moron, anyone driving faster is an idiot" club [flapper]

And another thing I hate is the newspaper ad that wraps half way around the front page. I read them not to see what's on sale but who's ad it is so I never shop there again! (Yes, I'm a dinosaur that still likes to flip through the print edition while having my morning coffee.)

Selfies.

Companies or People that think everyone has a SMART PHONE.

People that post pictures of their food on Facebook.

Young kids shredding on guitar that don't know the meaning of playing their instrument with passion.

What's a Bieber.

Rap Music. Actually I don't even categorize this as music.

Auto Tune for vocals. Kind of fits in with Rap.

Lip Syncing.

People that think they have to post everything that happens to them, or every move they make on Facebook. Like, who cares if you have to go to the bathroom, etc...

I guess I should stop now.

Snip

"Thank You For You Service". That's just so stupid on so many levels it really just chaps my sit upon.

rct

As in thanking a Vet? Are you a Vet rct? If so, what would be the best way to thank you for that? (not being a wise guy, just asking to know)!

Aster

SOME of my pet hates:

1 People tailgating me in their vehicle

2 Drivers that can't turn "square turns" when going thru intersections. They think a diagonal is best and almost tear off you frt. bumper when you're waiting in cross traffic.

3 Poorly made products (almost anything)

I'll stop here. Too many to list!! [cursing][biggrin]

As in thanking a Vet? Are you a Vet rct? If so, what would be the best way to thank you for that? (not being a wise guy, just asking to know)!

Aster

No, I'm not a veteran. The best way to thank them would be to have jobs and healthcare for them, to make sure they return to a tad more dignity than "Hi and Welcome To WalMart" for a career. Most people I know in the service are there for the meager benefits they can get and for the ability to maybe get some college, opportunities that people no longer have in our current economic boom times.

I don't presume ever that someone wanted to go off and fight a war somewhere, and I wish none of them ever had to, so to me the best thanks would be not ever needing their "service".

I am tired of oily, creepy politicians saying it every chance they get.

rct

Out of area marketing recorded calls. We get them a lot. Once in while I'll stay on the long recording to get someone and then holler "Now What Do You Want?" And they hang up. Mostly though drivers behind you that speed around you at the last possible minute and swerve in front of you just to make the turn. Like they couldn't wait a few seconds?

No, I'm not a veteran. The best way to thank them would be to have jobs and healthcare for them, to make sure they return to a tad more dignity than "Hi and Welcome To WalMart" for a career. Most people I know in the service are there for the meager benefits they can get and for the ability to maybe get some college, opportunities that people no longer have in our current economic boom times.

I don't presume ever that someone wanted to go off and fight a war somewhere, and I wish none of them ever had to, so to me the best thanks would be not ever needing their "service".

I am tired of oily, creepy politicians saying it every chance they get.

rct

20 years after i returned from Vietnam I was still hiding the fact that I had been there!

When we got home the government dropped us like a hot potato and fellow Australians were marching in the streets against our involvement. It was a very hostile environment to come home to! I kept my feelings in for all those years and basically we were treated like criminals.

Then one ANZAC day after the march we were at The RSL hall having a cuppa a woman approached me (i had my medals on) and said "Thank you for your service". I looked at her not understanding because after the previous years it was not something I had come to expect. When she could see that I didn't understand she said. "Thank you for serving your country". Emotion filled me immediately and a great sense of relief. I couldn't talk and turned away my eyes full of tears. My chest was heaving with relief that here somebody actually appreciated what we had done.

You see, in all those years nobody had said the word "thanks".

That was a huge moment for me and even telling this story fills me with emotion. So I can assure you I don't think that saying "Thank you for your service" is trite at all.

Hmmmm, this could take awhile... :D

People who swing out to the left to make a right turn

People with those new blue headlights that have them on High Beam (very painful when you are visually impaired and EXTREMELY light sensitive!)

Poor grammar/spelling (I think that this is a Catholic School thing for me)

Rude people

People who intentionally start trouble to get attention and act like a victim

People who use and manipulate others...

I told you this would take awhile and this is just stuff off the top of my head! :rolleyes:

Car drivers in general. They're just a menace.

Companies that outsource their products.

People who ask a question but don't care to hear the answer and people who butt in on every conversation within earshot.

The "me first" mentality.

Television. Watching football is about my limit, my wife keeps that stupid thing on around the clock.

Guess I'm just easily annoyed!

I forgot Gig Bags!

Snip:

You see, in all those years nobody had said the word "thanks".

That was a huge moment for me and even telling this story fills me with emotion. So I can assure you I don't think that saying "Thank you for your service" is trite at all.

I have heard the same thing that Rob wrote from many others and that bothers me greatly. I would never WANT someone to go into harms way nor would my thanking them be just a trite statement. I do want them to know that I know, they sacrificed much, time, danger, maybe physical or emotional scars to stand up for the rest of us back home. That deserves my undying thanks to present & past members of our armed services.

rct, I agree with you on the "other" ways to say thank you as well. Being treated properly when you return from duty or even being in service should be a given. It isn't but SHOULD be and I remind my voting Congress & Senators to this point often. A true & from the heart "THANK YOU" has never made me feel bad for something I had done and was recognized either.

Aster

Archived