Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar made out of cardboard?

Gibson Artist

Linkin Park’s Brad Delson Rocks a Cardboard Strat

Signal Snowboards has partnered with Ernest Packaging to create a cardboard Stratocaster, built with Paul Waller, a Fender Guitars master builder.

The cardboard Stratocaster is made from a slab of corrugate, layered for lasting strength, and has to withstand 250 lbs of torque placed on the neck of the guitar from the strings. The guitar was created for an episode of “Cardboard Chaos,” which is distributed on YouTube. The goal of the show is to demonstrate new and different applications for paper and cardboard. https://reverb.com/blog/linkin-parks-brad-delson-rocks-a-cardboard-strat?_aid=fb

as long as it don't get wet I guess.

hey I did notice, on a few of the videos, where you could see the string distance to the fret-board, the action looked horrendous.

(sure I know it's card board.. I get it.. but - a pig in a tux is still a pig)

The strings put precisely 0 "torque" on the neck. Geez, it's worrying that most info on the interweb is bulls hit.

Most web content is desinformation, partly on purpose, partly erratingly. <_<

Yep. It would certainly benefit from some binding.

I wonder if body and neck would survive mounting bindings to them. :unsure:

How do you road wear cardboard? lol

A pair of scissors? :)

Using a gigbag for transport might do the trick. [scared]

The wife and I remember seeing this on Facebook. Being you can't believe half of what you see on Facebook I thought it might be a joke. Looks more like honeycomb when done. How do they bolt the neck and bridge? I think I'd want a 20 year warranty. Lol

The wife and I remember seeing this on Facebook. Being you can't believe half of what you see on Facebook I thought it might be a joke. Looks more like honeycomb when done. How do they bolt the neck and bridge? I think I'd want a 20 year warranty. Lol

As the master builder said, it's kind of a miracle the thing plays at all, so i dont know what the life expectancy of it is, but a pretty cool thing nonetheless. Got to love the way technology is allowing guitars to be made out of almost anything.

Archived