Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson customer service?

natelc1979

Hello all, just joined the group. I purchased a brand new 2014 sg standard fromm zzounds 2 weeks ago. Im having trouble with the min e tune system and static from the bridge volume pot. 8 days ago i emailed gibson customer service about the issues, i waited a few days with no response. So i emailed them again and waited 2 more days, still no reply, so then i called them and waited on hold only to be disconnected by the automated system. I have called them twice since then and left a message because of high call volume, its been 4 days and still no reply from them. I dont know what to do, i dont want to send the guitar back because it was the last one they had, but at this point im pretty dissatisfied with gibson and im thinking about just getting a refund and buying a telecaster. So you guys have any suggestions on gibson customer service because ive never had to deal with them before. Are they always this slow at taking care of their customers issues?

Hi

I don't know how it works as I never got a response to emails either despite following the instructions to the letter and including 2 small pics.

However I'm sure the answer to your query would be to take it back to the Gibson dealer you bought it from.

... However I'm sure the answer to your query would be to take it back to the Gibson dealer you bought it from.

And hence....... the problem with buying "mail-order"!

I know it's now the way of the world, but there are inherent "customer service" issues that are unavoidable in this system of consumer purchasing. And I'm not just talking about guitars.

What specifically, is going on with the mini-tune? Doesn't work? Bad battery, etc.

It sounds like the pot, just needs some electrical "contact cleaner" (carefully) sprayed

onto the post, to eliminate the "static=scratchy" sound. Easy fix, there.

Sorry, for the CS problem. I've had pretty good luck, with Gibson CS, in the past...but,

maybe I was just "lucky?"

IF you can find a Gibson Authorized Service center, dealer/luthier, that is more local, to

your current location, they can fix whatever needs done, possibly/probably on warranty.

If not, it still shouldn't be too expensive.

Good Luck!

CB

probably all minor stuff, that robo tune is mostly a freakin disaster..

some like it, most people do not.

anyway if you want this handled without trying to Do It Yourself, then I think jdgm is spot on, the dealer needs to address this, and I'd get them engaged before your return window closes.

All I know is I only dealt with their customer service once and was very satisfied. I bought a new 2013 SG Standard, and one of the pickup rings was warped, and the tenon cover had a crack in it. I emailed them and told them about the issue along with a scanned copy of my receipt and they replied asking for my address and less than a week later the parts arrived in the mail free of charge.

Have you called Zzounds about the issues? Maybe they can direct you to a certified Gibson repair person in your area who can address the concern? As far as the scratchy/staticy pot, just spray it with some contact cleaner you can buy at Radio Shack. Most likely that will fit that issue. As far as the auto tuners, seems like they just suck to begin with, and you may want to pull it off, sell it on Ebay and pout some proper tuners on the guitar.

People buy a 20 dollar can opener, it doesn't work after a few days, they drive back to the store, spend 40 on gas to return it and holler at someone.

People spend 30 thousand on a car, it doesn't start right the third week, and they are down at the dealer chewing *** for three hours until someone makes it start right.

People spend 1800 on a guitar, it doesn't do what they want it to, and they head off to the...wait, they are on the phone to the manufacturer immediately attempting to demand answers from the supervisor of guitar production on the floor the day the thing was made.

Weird.

rct

People buy a 20 dollar can opener, it doesn't work after a few days, they drive back to the store, spend 40 on gas to return it and holler at someone.

People spend 30 thousand on a car, it doesn't start right the third week, and they are down at the dealer chewing *** for three hours until someone makes it start right.

People spend 1800 on a guitar, it doesn't do what they want it to, and they head off to the...wait, they are on the phone to the manufacturer immediately attempting to demand answers from the supervisor of guitar production on the floor the day the thing was made.

Weird.

rct

Bingo..

Weird.

rct

Nicely put, although sarcastic. Me, I don't know how to say as well what I always try and say on these net forums.

WE don't do business with Gibson. We do business with dealers. The one who takes your money.....So many reasons for this.

Anyway, sorry getting Gibson CS to answer is so difficult for you. It would be good for all if they did. I suspect the way they have chosen to have it set up, it's inevitable they would eventually get swamped to the point of not being able to get to everybody.

I guess another sarcastic example would be like calling 911 for every question or concern. People don't know who to call or don't have a number, and the system gets overused. They aren't equipped to deal with a skunk in your yard, stinky as it is.

Last Thursday I emailed Gibson about a titanium nut for my 2015 SG. One hour later I got reply asking for an address to ship it too. Saturday afternoon it was in my hand.

Less than 48 hours to solve the problem.

Shouldn'ta taken that long. Call them and complain.

rct

Hello all, just joined the group. I purchased a brand new 2014 sg standard fromm zzounds 2 weeks ago. Im having trouble with the min e tune system and static from the bridge volume pot. 8 days ago i emailed gibson customer service about the issues, i waited a few days with no response. So i emailed them again and waited 2 more days, still no reply, so then i called them and waited on hold only to be disconnected by the automated system. I have called them twice since then and left a message because of high call volume, its been 4 days and still no reply from them. I dont know what to do, i dont want to send the guitar back because it was the last one they had, but at this point im pretty dissatisfied with gibson and im thinking about just getting a refund and buying a telecaster. So you guys have any suggestions on gibson customer service because ive never had to deal with them before. Are they always this slow at taking care of their customers issues?

best thing you could do... is get those tuners changed out to normal hand wound tuners.. it may take a bit of work to turn the tuners but they work just fine.

best thing you could do... is get those tuners changed out to normal hand wound tuners.. it may take a bit of work to turn the tuners but they work just fine.

I have 3 guitars with robo tuners. They all work fine. No need to change them.

Yeah - You're supposed to go to the dealer with that kind of issue. That's the way Gibson and ZZounds work together. So go back to ZZounds with the problem. They will help you. Gibson loves you but Zzounds is the people who are responsible for helping you. Gibson probably gets a jillion calls that are supposed to be handled by the dealer, so they'd probably rather hang up that argue about who's responsible.

ZZounds will get you all squared away. [thumbup]

Last Thursday I emailed Gibson about a titanium nut for my 2015 SG. One hour later I got reply asking for an address to ship it too. Saturday afternoon it was in my hand.

Less than 48 hours to solve the problem.

Since you live in Nashville, I expect someone dropped it 'round on their lunch break? ;)

I had the same problem with Gibson customer service...phone calls unanswered, emails unanswered. 5 phone calls (kicked over to VM after lengthy hold time) and 2 emails in 2 weeks with no reply. BAD SERVICE!

Same "mysterious static" problem too...on 2 Les Paul's and one 2016 SG. After Sam Ash tech couldn't sort out the static issue on the LP's I tried a SG Standard..static even worse....see my thread under Les Paul forum. I love the playability and tones of Gibson's but there are some obvious quality control issues that many seem to want to ignore...don't get the blind devotion thing.

Gibson asked big money for their guitars, the least they could do is return a customers call when their $2000 guitar doesn't work properly.

IMG_0258.MOV.mov

Archived