Gibson Brands Forums

I'm an idiot....

ilovegibsons

I mean, WTF has been wrong with me these past few weeks? Epiphones? BFGs? ESPs?

I'm gonna go and try an LP Studio and an SG standard (and maybe a Fender or two). Whichever one I like, I buy. That simple. I just hope I find some nice Gibsons. Although I like Fender, I have finally accepted I am a complete gear snob who won't settle for second best! (although I in no way say Fender are second best, I just like the style of Gibsons more)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hold on a sec' date=' Thunder... when did you get a studio?[/quote']

A couple of months ago while selling studio stuff a friend gave me his old studio + money and I gave hin some studio stuff... It looks like shes been to hell and back... I have to clean her up and set her up (restring her too), and then I'll see if I sell it or keep it... I'll probably sell her, dont want to have guitars I dont use.

I'll second the Studio if money is an issue. My daughters is a bada$$ machine plugged into a cranked Boogie.

And, I love the 490R/498T in THAT guitar. Some people don't. They'll growl pretty freakin' good if you know how to use em'.

I'm also a sucker for the SG. I've just always had one around, and I love a double cut.

Best to ya.

Murph.

I'll second the Studio if money is an issue. My daughters is a bada$$ machine plugged into a cranked Boogie.

And' date=' I love the 500R/498T in THAT guitar. Some people don't. They'll growl pretty freakin' good if you know how to use em'.

I'm also a sucker for the SG. I've just always had one around, and I love a double cut.

Best to ya.

Murph.[/quote']

Hi, Murph!

I thought that Studios had the 490R/498T pickup combo...or am I remembering it wrong? <g>

Cat Daddy

completely oppisite of what ever one has been saying it might be cool to get a good strat. but...

it would be even cooler to make one for your self out of parts. i did this, and i plan to do it again (this time an ash body strat). it is fun to do, your guitar turns out exacty how you want it to, you can do it for less then 900 dollars, and thats buying all really nice american made parts! and the guitar will probably mean more to you cause you made it, it's got a certian mojo about it if you know what i mean.

Archived