Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

kelly campbell

Thanks Guys I have really enjoyed it in the couple days I have had it..I really like everything about it..it took a while for me to finally pull the trigger but sweetwater gave me what I thought was a good price. Love the tone for a small body guitar. Tman thanks yes it is the brother to the 00. I really love the look of your new one as well.

You done good! Small bodied Gibsons were my introduction to the lifetime addiction, and that one is splendid.

I Have been just the opposite in that my introduction was the dreads and I am now finding the splendor of the small body Gibsons..Thanks again guys

That must be a 2017 before the 2017's have been officially released. (The HP cutaways are 2017's also).

The 2016's have a different logo. This makes it seem they've done away with the date on the truss rod cover also.

I was close to pulling the trigger on a 2016 but may wait now.

Does it come with the LR Baggs VTC fitted?

That must be a 2017 before the 2017's have been officially released. (The HP cutaways are 2017's also).

The 2016's have a different logo. This makes it seem they've done away with the date on the truss rod cover also.

I was close to pulling the trigger on a 2016 but may wait now.

Does it come with the LR Baggs VTC fitted?

Yes the truss rod cover is plain and yes it does have the LR Baggs VTC

little confused. never seen a american eagle with banner on it

Well from what Kelly wrote, it's a 2017 model. So obviously they have changed the model again.

It will be interesting to see what Gibson release as the 2017 range, although I don't understand why they have to start producing guitars with serial numbers and date stamps 5 months in advance. They've took the idea from the car marketing departments book. I'm sure, as with last year, we'll see the new 2017 Electric range launched in September and the Acoustics close after.

Well from what Kelly wrote, it's a 2017 model. So obviously they have changed the model again.

It will be interesting to see what Gibson release as the 2017 range, although I don't understand why they have to start producing guitars with serial numbers and date stamps 5 months in advance. They've took the idea from the car marketing departments book. I'm sure, as with last year, we'll see the new 2017 Electric range launched in September and the Acoustics close after.

Yep, it's really confusing. My Hummingbird Vintage, bought July 2015 (and made in maybe April?) is technically a 2016. My SJ-200, made in maybe April 2016 and bought in May 2016 is... also technically a 2016. Huh?? I have given up and just call them by the year they were purchased new. Although it would look better if I pretended my 2016 Guild D-20 was a 2017 model! Next year's guitar this year! (Then again, 2016 is their first year, so I guess having a first-year is pretty special.)

I would really like one of these in a Sunburst finish..come on Gibson add it to the 2017's...

I kind of hope they don't as I have even more of a weakness for the sunbursts, I intentionally bought a couple other guitars that I liked because they were not bursts..I did not want all mine to look the same..I know stupid but that's just me.

Why would anyone care the year of a nice guitar ?!

I orient my life timekeeping around big purchases. I got my Super Nintendo Christmas 1991, Game Boy Christmas 1989, Gibson Hummingbird July 2016... NO WAIT... I got my Hummingbird in 2015! See what I mean??? It is ruining my life!

Archived