Gibson Brands Forums

Chambered vs. Weight Relieved Test 2

rocketman

OK, due to "popular" demand I rerecorded some more tracks. I recorded both my '08 Les Paul Standard Premium Plus (chambered) and '05 Les Paul Standard (weight relieved) using the same amp settings. Note that both have BB Pros for pups. This time I didn't use any effects. There are two clean runs and one dirty one; each one repeated with the other guitar.

is the link. So, which one is the chambered one?

Just an observation really.

The first guitar has a fuller bottom end tone, the second a crisper high mid.

Don't know how that would apply to chambered or not, so I can't really tell which is which, but I will say that the first one is chambered.

1st clean riff

#1 is chambered.

2nd clean riff and dirty riff

#2 is chambered

Oops, sorry for the confusion. I didn't change the order of the guitars in the 3 riffs that sound the same. There are a total of 6 riffs (2 sets of repeated ones). The choices are, in the straight order of the riffs, (counting the repeated ones as a riff):

Riff #1, Riff #3, Riff #5 - > All Chambered or All Weight Relieved

Riff #2, Riff #4, Riff #6 - > All Chambered or All Weight Relieved

Another way to state this is riff #1 had Guitar A and riff #2 (which sounds the same as #1) had Guitar B; riff #3 had Guitar A and riff #4 (which sounds the same as #3) had Guitar B; finally riff #5 had Guitar A and riff #6 (which sounds the same as #5) had Guitar B.

Sorry, I had my rocket scientist geek hat and we think in weird ways.

So is Guitar A or B the chambered one?

Oops' date=' sorry for the confusion. I didn't change the order of the guitars in the 3 riffs that sound the same. There are a total of 6 riffs (2 sets of repeated ones). The choices are, in the straight order of the riffs, (counting the repeated ones as a riff):

Riff #1, Riff #3, Riff #5 - > All Chambered or All Weight Relieved

Riff #2, Riff #4, Riff #6 - > All Chambered or All Weight Relieved

Another way to state this is riff #1 had Guitar A and riff #2 (which sounds the same as #1) had Guitar B; riff #3 had Guitar A and riff #4 (which sounds the same as #3) had Guitar B; finally riff #5 had Guitar A and riff #6 (which sounds the same as #5) had Guitar B.

Sorry, I had my rocket scientist geek hat and we think in weird ways.

So is Guitar A or B the chambered one?[/quote']

W T F ! :-({|=

Archived