Gibson Brands Forums

which way do you swing?

Tanner1994

I voted Gibson. Although I own and play other makes, I looked at it from the standpoint of "if I could only own one brand of guitar". I know that wasn't the question, but years ago, I was a total Fender guy. I currently don't own one and have no Fender GAS whatsoever. There are still at least a half-dozen Gibsons I want.

I don't like my brain/hand having to deal with different scale lengths.

And.............

Fenders can be American, Mexican, Korean, ect.

I don't like that.

And they sound crappy.

And my local Fender dealer is an idiot.

And they are built really cheap.

And you can't tell what year they are unless you take off the neck and try to read something written in Spanish, with a pencil.

And the finish is automotive poly.

Did I mention, they sound crappy.

Murph.

I don't like my brain/hand having to deal with different scale lengths.

And.............

Fenders can be American' date=' Mexican, Korean, ect.

I don't like that.

And they sound crappy.

And my local Fender dealer is an idiot.

And they are built really cheap.

And you can't tell what year they are unless you take off the neck and try to read something written in Spanish, with a pencil.

And the finish is automotive poly.

Did I mention, they sound crappy.

Murph.[/quote']

you dont have to take anything of to determine the year. it is the first two letters/number an american and the 2nd and third on all others. for example on my american the first to things are Z and 7 which means zero 7 or 2007. if you have a 1990 fender it will read n9 or n6 which means ninety nine or ninety six.

why dont some of yall like fender? i like the stratocaster i just got alot it sounds amazing. do you guys just not like that single coil sound?

Not true, Gibson actually make some pretty sweet guitars with single coils. Fender makes some pretty good guitars with humbuckers. You can always replace the pickups in a guitar. It's how it feels in your hands.

There's a reason all of us are posting on the Gibson forum....

you dont have to take anything of to determine the year. it is the first two letters/number an american and the 2nd and third on all others. for example on my american the first to things are Z and 7 which means zero 7 or 2007. if you have a 1990 fender it will read n9 or n6 which means ninety nine or ninety six.

You are WRONG.

That guitar neck could have been built last year, ect.

Study, Grasshopper. The model year on a Fender serial # means NOTHING......................

I've seen them off by several years.

Don't believe it. Study................

Murph.

Archived