Gibson Brands Forums

Fun challenge for the singers ?

EuroAussie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that was fun BK, i was humming along and the foot was tapping. Thanks for participating !

I was actually thinking of suggesting a Velver Underground song as recall reading once that they had a rule when they started that they will never use anything from the blues scale or do blues style licks.

Good stuff ... [thumbup]

Yeah, but 'Run Run Run' is just hyper-charged R&B with a mighty sped-up blues riff underpinning it. 'Smokestack Lightning' on amphetamines. Was thinking of doing 'Sweet Jane' because I've not played it in a while.

Flatters doing 'Anarchy in the UK'? We keep pigeonholing him on his island, but Gruntfuttle doing 'Teenage Kicks'? I think the contrast between his voice and Feargal Sharkey's would be worth it alone. Dhanners giving 'Nellie the Elephant' a protest-song spin?

Would love to hear your thing of 'Fujiyama Mama', Ozmeister.

And Anne: I hope you were only toying with My Chemical Romance in the musical sense...

Thanx for those kind words EA. Well, my taste is songs, , , mostly rock-folk, , , let's say beat-songs.

Might try to find some wilder stuff, but meanwhile I go in the opposite direction with a tune that belongs a few years ahead.

In that way I kind of answer the thread-theme and do something out of my normal realm : Simply by rehearsing some old age folksinging.

It was an experiment and the guys had never heard the thing before when it was presented back during that 2014 summer nite session.

I've known it for ages, but just learned it a few weeks before.

https://soundcloud.com/nitebeach/annie

The acoustic is the 1953 J-45.

Just beautiful...I could listen all day, sir. I should like to, actually.

Well that was something Em7, I knew we'd get something special form you and we did. And it did answer the brief as admittedly it does sound different from the other types of tune you shared with us before. Super and thank you !

Thanx for those kind words EA. Well, my taste is songs, , , mostly rock-folk, , , let's say beat-songs.

Might try to find some wilder stuff, but meanwhile I go in the opposite direction with a tune that belongs a few years ahead.

In that way I kind of answer the thread-theme and do something out of my normal realm : Simply by rehearsing some old age folksinging.

It was an experiment and the guys had never heard the thing before when it was presented back during that 2014 summer nite session.

Oh man that was superb! It was the Nick Cave howling version, aboloutely loved that FB.

And .... a big request for a version of Nick Cave's Deanna, i reckon you would nail it, very similar to this tune, in fact i kept thinking you sounded exactly like the man.

Bravo ... [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxORulyOXs8

Super recording Mr E!!

Excellent Blondie variant Mr B.

Here's White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane...uked.Fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byzE1QRG-u8

Okay, probably can't get a new thing done any time soon, but here are some things from a few years ago. My then-16-year old daughter loved these two songs and wanted me to learn them with/for her. These were one-takers, but it was fun.

This Elliot Smith tune--more of a genre-bender than genre-buster, probably...

The Biggest Lie

And here is my daughter on the My Chemical Romance tune I have sometimes toyed with (the song, not the band!). Genre-wise, a bit of a stretch for me. Made me wish I'd played electric...

I Don't Love You

I also have a poor Sinead O'Connor cover laying around that I could throw at you, but enough is probably enough... [flapper]

Okay, probably can't get a new thing done any time soon, but here are some things from a few years ago. My then-16-year old daughter loved these two songs and wanted me to learn them with/for her. These were one-takers, but it was fun.

The Biggest Lie

And here is my daughter on the My Chemical Romance tune I have sometimes toyed with (the song, not the band!). Genre-wise, a bit of a stretch for me. Made me wish I'd played electric...

I Don't Love You

I also have a poor Sinead O'Connor cover laying around that I could throw at you, but enough is probably enough... [flapper]

Nice, Anne! Your daughter sounds a lot like you, as well.

Man, you don't post much (you should do more) but each time you do, I'm glad you did....

thanks for that,, Beautiful..

Nice one, it sonds a bit like your trying to do Bluesking in a way .... which makes me wonder, so what is your 'normal' genre that you would play / sing if blues is the 'no' standard genre ?

Well, here's the nearest I can get to Heavy Metal on one guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ92QfGkUYc

That was lovelly as always. Your daughter has quite a similar voice and vocal style to yourself Anne. She clearly gets her influence from mum, maybe a bit more 'grunt' in the vocals, she likes to belt it doesnt she ! [thumbup]

The Biggest Lie

I Don't Love You

Thanks for the contributions folks, Ill try to have a crack over weekend at the whiny country numbers ... .keep em coming folks !

Would love to hear Buc do Ramones or Guns of Brixton, BBG somethign wild and drunk, Lars showing us how Friday hes in Love and Sal, Rambler and others...... and hell, even Hogeye, come and have a crack !

EA

Archived