Gibson Brands Forums

Where is the Trading Post

Dotneck

Yeah, I've always found it interesting that you will find many more Gibson's for sale on AGF than on The Trading Post here. I know there are many more members on AGF, so more prospective buyers but still...

For the luke-wam reception Gibson gets on AGF it is amusing how many Gibsons seem to pass through their site. Why, oh why don't they love us?

• 11 months later...

Love - one of life's great mysteries...

"The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death" - Oscar Wilde (Salomé)

But this is no mystery, it was discussed here a couple months ago: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/140231-trading-post-forum-closing/page__p__1894519__hl__trading__fromsearch__1#entry1894519

Nothing yummier that the taste of bread, cheese and scalded flesh.

We had a Fondue Emporium of some kind, I can't remember the name. It was a chain for a while there, early 2000s I guess.

The thing was that the food was pretty expensive but for some reason drinking was cheap there. You could load the table up with fondue for 8 people and have like 5 bottles of wine on the table for just 20 bucks more. It was right by where our GC is so just like the dumpsters for homeless, I was constantly cruising past this fondue joint on my way to my dealer.

I started mentioning to Mrs how it seemed, just seemed now, I didn't have any Empire iricalist data or anything, it seems like every time I slow down past there to get to GC I notice some yak in the parking lot. Like, a big pool. Then her and I were headed to GC I was getting some strings at lunch time or something and sure, slowed to a crawl past the fondue joint and yup. Two big puddles of old yak, two parking spots apart.

Others here at work noticed that as well, and I was relieved to not be the lunatic in the bunch although I don't care if I am. When that place mercifully closed down in about a year we agreed that the cheap booze with the crappy food left a lot of sick custies out in the parking lot.

We only ate there once. Awful.

rct

We have one called the Melting Pot and it is expensive. We do it for Ann's and B-Days every once and a while. I did it for real in Switzerland a few years back and had Roclete too. I think that is how you spell it.

Yeah mate, I've had a few in Switzerland too with the bread and gherkin. The place at Chateau Gruyeres was very good (where they also - inexplicably - have a museum of the Aliens dude - Giger?) - anyway, they said don't eat it and fly in 24 hours...seemed good advice and I'd have paid good money for some Metamucil the next day. Raclette (not sure the spelling) with the potato? Yeah, very nice simple food. Love Switzerland especially round Montreux. [thumbup]

Archived