Gibson Brands Forums

My Mate Butch Has Been Veeeeery Bad!

Digger

Oh Oh, yeah, I was bad! Well, Deb bought me a Mitchell 12 string over 3 years ago, thought I'd really want one as I had a Ovation top of the line 12 string as a teen. I played it all the time but I never played the Mitchell at all. Just sat in its case mostly for over 3 years and was mint shape taking up room. I went to G.C. Today to buy a Beach Boys guitar music book which they didn't have any and thought about checking out to see if they had a Ovation CS 28 Celebrity Plus in Koa Burst. They did sale price $399.99 and the guy was talking to me about it. So I asked what he'd give me on a trade in for my cheap Fender Acoustic I paid $100.00 bucks for? 25.00 he said. Then I asked about the 12 sting trade in and it still wasn't satisfactory for me. That one was over 300.00 and I thought they could come up on it but didn't care much about the Fender. So I went home to get both guitars and had him evaluate them and then argued again about the price difference between us. So when all was said and done and taxes paid, I got the Ovation for just a little over $200.00 and really didn't think that was a bad deal. Problem was Deb bought that 12 for me at Christmas way back and I didn't want to hurt her feelings by getting rid of it but I never played it. So I made the deal and will keep it in the 12 string guitars case and play it when she's gone as she is gone a lot of times quilting and sewing with gals. I love the deep tone it has and the belly is thinner then my old Ovation I had. Wow, loved it hooked to the amp!

1509854211[/url]' post='1890510']

Ha HA I love it....Have fun with that new one. I understand about the guitar that she bought for you I still have one my wife bought for me and I never touch it but I can not get rid of it, but you may have given me an idea.

Yeah, lots of people have told me before that I'm very creative. Ha ha. Deb tells me that all the time. Sort of silly just leaving a guitar sit never doing anything with it, and I didn't want to say anything to her and make her sad. It was a gamble if the Ovation fit in the Acoustic case I had for the 12 string and she never ever looks in them. The Ovation case was pretty cheap and I thought about it but she would have known that was new. I tried the fit in my case at the store and it fit perfectly in it. Even the sales guy was surprised. She goes quilt shopping tons with her lady friends and takes sewing classes lots. She's gone so much, I'll have tons of opportunities to play it.

Very nice looking Ovation, just beautiful.

Christmas is coming better take advantage for this perfect timing.....so put that old case under the tree, and on Christmas morning open it up and thank her for your new Ovation. Oh and better buy her something really really really ....nice ..........open your guitar case right after she opens her really nice present .👍

Love one woman, many guitars as they say.

I'm happily married 40 plus and many 🎸

Wow, nice score. I wouldn't believe by looking at it that the Ovation price was only $400.

As to the trickery involved - not sure how that will work out, but good luck with it.

Maybe he would rather ask forgiveness than permission!

1509882318[/url]' post='1890545']

Very nice looking Ovation, just beautiful.

Christmas is coming better take advantage for this perfect timing.....so put that old case under the tree, and on Christmas morning open it up and thank her for your new Ovation. Oh and better buy her something really really really ....nice ..........open your guitar case right after she opens her really nice present .👍

Love one woman, many guitars as they say.

I'm happily married 40 plus and many 🎸

Ha ha, no Christmas tree presents she said, I don't feel bad, I gave her 10 grand already, she's bought a 10 K sewing machine for quilting, buys tons of materials for quilts. This basically seals the last needed Acoustic guitar I wanted. The Fender was ok for practicing but didn't have the tone I wanted. For a cheap 100.00 first guitar 5 years ago that I played a ton on I figured if I got 25 bucks for it I'd be lucky. I was shocked they gave me $75.00 for it. Guess it pays to argue with Them?

1509913167[/url]' post='1890620']

He's been very naughty!

Imagine if I tried to do that with a new tractor?

Yeah but it's $200.00 versus what? $27,000.00? Ha ha. I wouldn't even try pulling that one off. We can have a betting thread started? Ha ha. Besides, I'm not going to ask anything for Christmas and usually get cash from family and thought about giving that to Deb. I don't need anything now. Well, she wants 2 new computers as ours is very old. One for her and me she said so that's what I'll give her any cash I get for. Really, I bought tons of guns in the past never telling her and she found out and no big deal. I just didn't want to make her upset about the 12 since she got it for me 3 years ago. That's the only part that makes me feel bad.

Archived