Gibson Brands Forums

floating guitar gadget

merciful-evans

This is curious idea. It doesn't appeal to me but those who like to keep their guitars pristine might fancy it?

http://www.aclamguitars.cat/shop/en/floating-guitar-lite.html

Floating Guitar is a support specially designed to preserve and highlight the guitar value thanks to its versatile and practical design, which will make your instrument be the focus of any scene, transforming it into a unique piece.

Invisible and light, any kind of guitar can be easily hanged thanks to its adjustable adaptors. The strap button or neck anchoring system eases the process of attaching and detaching the guitar from the support, making it always ready to be played.

Floating Guitar is the ideal solution to exhibit your guitar in any space. It offers several orientation options and can be placed either on the wall or on a floor stand. This flexibility allows covering the needs of guitarists, collectors or luthiers in a clean, restrained, tidy and elegant way.

Made of stainless steel and a special foam for delicate surfaces it is available for different models of acoustic, archtop or classical guitars as well as for Strato, LP, SG or ES335 type electric guitars.

PRODUCT PATENTED

Made of stainless steel and a special foam for delicate surfaces it is available for different models of acoustic, archtop or classical guitars as well as for Strato, LP, SG or ES335 type electric guitars.

PRODUCT PATENTED[/i]

Hmmm.. I wonder if that's a nitro safe foam?? If not they could have many issues on their hands.

Guest Farnsbarns

My prediction is that this will flop.

It doesn't solve a problem, they've had to invent a problem for their solution. Is a wall hanger showing at the headstock really an issue?

You're also going to have to get used to all your guitars being an inch thicker, that's going to take some time.

And all those tricky, hooky bits of metal and screw heads on the back to catch and tug on your clothes. Really, and they could have countersunk all those heads.

Lastly, it's attached by the strap buttons, because no one's ever had one of those come loose, hey, especially after attaching other things to them.

I bet they never come close to covering the cost of that patent.

This looks milled rather than cast which cant be cheap for them to produce. Seems like they could have made it out of a premium quality plastic and lowered the unit cost. Considering how many guitars people would mount if they were to do their entire collection like I've seen other forum member here do, it would cost an extortionate amount.

The idea would actually work quite well for premium music shops if they could incorporate other security features and eliminate the need for the shops to interlace alarmed wire etc through strings. The wires put people off wanting to try numerous guitars in a shop because its such a hastle

Archived