Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Guitars - What's the Deal?

drathbun

The MC starts out with a false statement "Gibson has filed for bankruptcy".

That statement right there made me not click the link. What makes this guy an expert if he doesn't have his

facts straight. Just another Blow Hard trying to get his 5 minutes on youtube.

Gibson is a privately owned company and nobody knows what's going on for sure exept the board and the creditors.

It isn't the first time Gibson has been in financial trouble and I'm sure it won't be the last time and listening

to people who have no idea what their talking about doesn't help.

I'm sure Henry J has a plan to refinance.

The MC starts out with a false statement "Gibson has filed for bankruptcy".

Listen to the "experts" discuss this. Do you agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Xi9GQ48iY

Between here and the Gibson Lounge, there are close to ten threads on this subject started up in the past 2 weeks. Were you expecting this one to come up with something different in terms of comments?

Gibson's financial challenges are well-known, and hardly astonishing in the world of guitar manufacturing. I suppose they are "facing bankruptcy" if the steps they are taking to restructure, shed some assets, etc. do not provide funding sufficient to cover payments due, but it's a tough business and at this point, probably a near thing for Gibson as it currently exists. They've certainly done some stuff in their guitar business that baffles me, but I'm no expert and no guitar maker hits the nail on the head with every development. I am very critical of aspects of Gibson's guitar-making and selling, but it is also true that my best/favorite guitars, both acoustic and electric, some vintage, some old, some new, are all Gibsons. There's terrific value in Gibson, and I expect they will reorganize, change some managers, or whatever else may be needed to become a better, guitar-oriented company that maintains its place in the guitar world. I don't understand the viciousness and glee that some express at the possibility of the company really crashing. It won't; and we ought to support American guitar making.

I don't understand the viciousness and glee that some express at the possibility of the company really crashing.

And some of that coming from long time members of this Forum, which Henry pays for. I don't get it either.

I don't understand the viciousness and glee that some express at the possibility of the company really crashing.

Well, it's just that haters must hate.... what would the entire world of guitarist would be without the contributions of companies like Gibson, Fender, Martin, etc.. ?

Archived