Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Free?

StRanger7032

I'm in a state of shock right now. I bought a G&L ASAT (Tele) on Reverb, listed in "mint condition". It arrived with a nice bit of buckle rash, not at all "mint". I asked the seller to refund my money and asked to return it. This is where it gets crazy...he refunded my money and GAVE me the $875 guitar for free! FREE! This guitar must have cost him close to $2000 new. Its a custom build from G&L. WOW! <a href=IMG_2346.jpg' alt='IMG_2346.jpg'>

....not at all "mint". I asked the seller to refund my money and asked to return it. This is where it gets crazy...he refunded my money and GAVE me the $875 guitar for free! FREE!

Wow. It's hard to beat a "deal" like that! HNFGD!

I'm in a state of shock right now. I bought a G&L ASAT (Tele) on Reverb, listed in "mint condition". It arrived with a nice bit of buckle rash, not at all "mint". I asked the seller to refund my money and asked to return it. This is where it gets crazy...he refunded my money and GAVE me the $875 guitar for free! FREE! This guitar must have cost him close to $2000 new. Its a custom build from G&L. WOW! <a href=IMG_2346.jpg' alt='IMG_2346.jpg'>

Nice Tele man! if you ever want to trade it, lol. I had a similar situation on Amazon but it was not a guitar purchase. Was buying the complete Dark Shadows Collection like 131 dvds all 5 seasons of the original gothic soap from 1966. I paid 300 for it, but when i got it i compared someone told me to check it was not a counterfeit. So, i did, sadly every telltale sign of it being fake turned out to be true, it was a fake and the fakes were known for several broken discs and lower picture quality. Asked the seller if i could send it back and get a refund, he begged me not to feedback bash him, he said he bought it at a flea market and had no idea it was a copy, he just asked give me good feedback and you can keep the set AND get your refund. I was skeptical, but he kept his word, after i left positive feedback i got my full 300 and i got the entire 131 dvds free! Only 1 dvd out of the entire set did not work, so i lucked out twice :) Here is a lil picture of it.

TI2TDzO.jpg

I sold a Foursite mutitrack on ebay once. Guy claimed it wouldn't work, I said send it back and I gave him a refund. I found the issue and fixed it. Sold it again to another guy and he too claimed it was screwed up. So I said f!uck it, just keep it and gave him his money back.

I waited 24 hours for him to change his mind and it looks like I own it! The SD Little '59 is coming out of the bridge and the factory single coil is going back in. The factory bridge with 6 saddles is also going back on. I have no idea why he swapped it for a 3 saddle. I also ordered new Sperzel nickel tuners to replace the plastic-looking matte silver ones. I know the black pickguard is the norm for Butterscotch Blonde Teles, but I'm thinking a pearloid one would look awesome. Free guitar = more $ for mods!

EDIT: The original single coil and bridge went in without a hitch. Luckily I had a 250K pot to swap out for the push/pull that was there for the humbucker. Now it sounds like a proper Tele again! Ready for a workout the next time my classic country band gets together.

Archived