Gibson Brands Forums

Roy Clark - Dead at age 85

MichaelT

There will never be another Roy. Clark, he was an brilliant and talented man, IMO a genius who just happened to play guitar, banjo, and just about anything else he put his mind too.At the age of 14, after playing it for two years, he won his first national banjo player competition he took his second title two years later, at age 21 he qualified for his pilots license and bought a 1953 Piper Tri-pacer which he raffled off in 2012 for Wings of Hope, he also owned a Mitsubishi MU 2, and a Stearman PT-17.He started his professional career playing guitar for Jimmy Dean, then touring with Wanda Jackson, I wish I could have seen one of those shows! We all know the rest.He lived a great life. God Bless you Roy. RIP.

This was also in the acoustic sub forum, but yea,, for me a lot of admiration for Roy Clark. A virtuoso player of many things with strings, and could make you laugh every time he performed. He must have been a hoot to work with.

The thing about Roy, he always looked like he was having the best time ever when he was playing. RIP Mr Clark... A job well done...

Archived