Gibson Brands Forums

Walker & Williams Leather Straps

Big Bill

Have any of you guys used these straps on your Gibsons? I bought one and I think it is just awesome, very comfortable. I would state it one of the best I ever owned. Price is unbelievable thus the post.

https://walkerandwilliams.com/

The site claims they use fine leathers... yada yada yada. I have no complaints but a concern. I think they may have other materials included and/or oils to treat the leather that might hurt the nitro finish on a Gibby. Any body use these, your thoughts?

Yes. Just got one a few weeks ago: the C-34 strap https://walkerandwilliams.com/product/walker-williams-c-34-black-and-red-double-padded-premium-leather-strap/.

It is a very well made strap that is so comfortable on my shoulder, especially with a heavy Les Paul guitar hanging from it. It is a thick strap & I was concerned about the strap slipping off the guitar so I am now using the  Dunlop 7000 strap locks so I can take the strap off the front of the guitar when put in the case (so case will close). I simply lay the strap down the fretboard & over the headstock to close the case.

It was a GREAT decision to switch over to this strap - I can now play for hours if needed in comfort, plus it looks great with my wine red Les Paul!

So far, no issues.

I have a bunch of them.  All good.   Blue one for blue strat, red one for red strat, etc.  Good stuff, reasonable prices.  I don't keep straps, or anything else for that matter, in the case, just the guitar, so I have no experience with them messing up any good paint.

rct

Holy crap dude I thought it was pretty bad down here, you guys have tornadoes roaming around!  More tornadoes in South Jersey this year than in my entire life combined.

rct

Those are great looking straps with tons of design options and great prices. Thanks for posting.

Nitrocellulose is not oil soluble regardless of grade. I would imagine if that was a problem, someone would have alerted people by now.

There is a leathersmith close to me, and he makes great straps, but nothing close to that variety, and his straps typically sell for closer to $50. 

I ordered a c-22 a few weeks ago while killing time on amazon. Thought what hell, why not. It was a little wider than I preferred at first but after playing with it I have found it to be very comfortable. Nice thick leather, and overall feels like a quality product. 

• 2 weeks later...

I liked my C-20 so much I got a C-22 as well 🙂. The C-22 is the most comfortable starp I've ever used followed closely by the C-20. The extra padding on the C-22 make it a bit more comfortable for me. The C-20 stays in place just a little bit better than the C-22. The Levi's stay in place even better than the C-20 because of the internal suede material on the Levi's. However, on a 8lbs 10oz LP, I had no issues finding a comfortable position with the C-22 playing for over 2 hours. I also noticed that the C-20 is a bit cooler, but that isn't to say that the C-22 get excessively hot. These are great straps at a very reasonable price. I ended up liking these straps even better than my Levi's, which says a lot. The extra padding compared to the Levi's really made the difference. Thank's for bringing them to my attention, Bill.

1 hour ago, pauloqs said:

I liked my C-20 so much I got a C-22 as well 🙂. The C-22 is the most comfortable starp I've ever used followed closely by the C-20. The extra padding on the C-22 make it a bit more comfortable for me. The C-20 stays in place just a little bit better than the C-22. The Levi's stay in place even better than the C-20 because of the internal suede material on the Levi's. However, on a 8lbs 10oz LP, I had no issues finding a comfortable position with the C-22 playing for over 2 hours. I also noticed that the C-20 is a bit cooler, but that isn't to say that the C-22 get excessively hot. These are great straps at a very reasonable price. I ended up liking these straps even better than my Levi's, which says a lot. The extra padding compared to the Levi's really made the difference. Thank's for bringing them to my attention, Bill.

I have to admit that it's the most comfortable strap I ever had.

• Upvote 1

Mine arrived yesterday. Pleased with them. A bit darker than expected but good looking and good quality.

I would have had them last week but had to pay Royal Mail their ransom money first. No, it shouldn't incur a customs charge (though the card they delivered said it did) but they added some tax and the usual £8 'handling' charge. Total £19.08 extra. If you don't pay, they send it back to America.

Now i need some more strap retainers. I'm trying Grover ones this time. Will this incur more charges? It just seems random sometimes.