Gibson Brands Forums

How messed up is this?

Navy Vet.

Try and picture legendary guitarist playing something other than their signature guitar. BB King playing a Fender Duo Sonic.  Albert Collins playing a Rickenbacker, Lonnie Mack playing a Fender Mustang.,  Albert King playing a 1966 Vox.  Willie Nelson playing a Flying V.   You get my drift. 

12 minutes ago, Navy Vet. said:

I have one rule I never violate when buying a guitar. Never buy a guitar that is larger than me. I defer to pic #2.

Its lucky they are mostly hollow or he would have fallen over  😄

Its the problem when all guitars are bigger than you and you are a guitar player 😉

Edited by Rabs
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rabs said:

EA9oYDR.jpg

Certainly looks odd in 2019 to see a young BB King clutching a Tele. But remember a Tele was a affordable guitar way up into the seventies. My first electric was a 1966 Tele purchased in 1969. I paid 180.00 for the guitar and a Twin Reverb. Both amp and guitar were worn but still very tone worthy. 

57 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yup (and it sounds bloody awful).. I say this is what lead to his drink/drugs issues   😛

Some of you folks that ain’t never been down south

may not know of place called West Point Mississippi.

it hosts the Howlin’ Wolf Blues Festival.

it ain’t no big big show but it does all right.

old black men playing old guitars

young white boys smokin’ expensive cigars.

smell of pulled pork and whiskey jars

southern belles can’t look no finer

guitars tuned to e minor

nobody gets in a hurry

cause there ain’t no reason 

to worry.

this is the home where music was born

And it spread across the planet

like a hurricane storm. 

Edited by Navy Vet.

JP doesn't look happy with a PRS.  Honestly, he's looking at it like WTF...  Not that PRS makes bad guitars, definitely not going there as PRS players live and die by these guitars. 

EDIT:  Is that Lars Ulrich with the ES335???  God this guy is a DB.  Sorry Metallica fans, but I stand by my statement.  Oh, and he sucks at drums, haha!  Just messing, but no, I don't like his style or listen to him talk. 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

God this guy is a DB.  Sorry Metallica fans, but I stand by my statement.  Oh, and he sucks at drums, haha!  Just messing, but no, I don't like his style or listen to him talk. 

Lars Ulrich is a ******bag, I know it, you know it, and he knows it. The only thing he doesn't agree with me and you on is that he's a terrible drummer! Man what an ego that guy has!!

Oh Chris, that's Angus playing the 335. Kind looks like Lars in that pic...

Edited by Big Bill
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

My bad @Big Bill I’m not a huge AC/DC fan - don’t really care for them too much but at the same time have no ill will against them. Either way I’m embarrassed. I don’t deserve to say anymore though...

Oh stop! I'll jump on your Lars soap box anytime you care to bring it up. That guy needs to count his blessings...

My thoughts have been a musician should be humble... Hell, I'm grateful that anybody would listen to me play not alone pay for it. This slob takes it a step further... "oh I'm a great drummer, hear me play, pay me...  pay me now!! " f**k the art of music it's about the money... Barf!

Edited by Big Bill
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Oh stop! I'll jump on your Lars soap box anytime you care to bring it up. That guy needs to count his blessings...

My thoughts have been a musician should be humble... Hell, I'm grateful that anybody would listen to me play not alone pay for it. This slob takes it a step further... "oh I'm a great drummer, hear me play, pay me...  pay me now!! " f**k the art of music it's about the money... Barf!

I just thankful that the city of Birmingham has lifted my ban from playing in any club within the city limits. So my amp caught fire and burned down a club. wasn't my fault, I took soldering class in high school.

• Upvote 1