Gibson Brands Forums

2020 - (preliminary) musical resolutions

uncle fester

* I would like to do more recording in 2020. 
Our girl singer likes the process, and I want to encourage her to work with me on some original material. 
It takes discipline and patience to do it right, and I want to work on that. 

* Step-up my improvisational lead skills. 
I can (and will always) rote memorize lead bits for each song, and play them nicely. 
But I need to broaden my horizons when it comes to scales, riffs, and hooks, and the comfortable ability to improvise with those foundations. 

:)

On 12/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, Twang Gang said:

My drummer said several months ago that he didn't want to haul his equipment around anymore 

The main reason I got into Americana and Acoustic stuff was so I wouldn't have to deal with drummers anymore.

That and it just sounds so much better...

Practice, practice, practice, and practice some more.  And, get to San Diego with my girlfriend to hear Ron's Garage,  (I'm not that really interested in hearing Ron's Garage, but they're one of my girlfriend's favorite bands, and I just want to spend more time with her.)

On 12/20/2019 at 9:53 AM, Mr. Natural said:

Practice, practice, practice, and practice some more.  And, get to San Diego with my girlfriend to hear Ron's Garage,  (I'm not that really interested in hearing Ron's Garage, but they're one of my girlfriend's favorite bands, and I just want to spend more time with her.)

Yes, yes, yes and practice, practice, practice so my hands don't turn into clubs and compose, write, improvise..

Edited by mihcmac

I was thinking a good rule of thumb to live by is 'don't be a d1ck'...  and figure another new years resolution for me is to work towards that philosophy and endeavor to surround myself with like minded people.  All in an effort to create a zen like microcosmic bubble in which I exist reaching for harmony with the surroundings... spontaneously breaking into song on occasion.  

1 hour ago, billroy fineman said:

I was thinking a good rule of thumb to live by is 'don't be a d1ck'...  and figure another new years resolution for me is to work towards that philosophy and endeavor to surround myself with like minded people.  All in an effort to create a zen like microcosmic bubble in which I exist reaching for harmony with the surroundings... spontaneously breaking into song on occasion.  

I wish you lived closer