Gibson Brands Forums

This is a very friendly informative site.

jayguitar

You will take slack from time to time depending on what you say. I certainly do. I know the rules and try not to cross them most times.  Say what you feel as long as it is in good taste. Most forums promote a family friendly atmosphere, but lets be honest how many 16 year olds are on a guitar forums. I am pretty sure most of us are adults here. The youth of today are on Xbox or trying to get famous on You Tube and Snap Chatting pics of their privates to their girlfriends or boyfriends.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Jay - The various forums here on this site have gone through numerous cycles of people.  You'll find a few cranky ones on any site, but the vast majority who post here are helpful folks.

There's a lot of knowledge to be shared & enjoyed.....  Welcome!

I joined in 2014 and this has been my main source for information on guitars ever since (I was away for most of 2019, but I'm back now). I played guitar before 2014, but that's when I really got back into playing and when I first started geting into the actual instrument and not just the playing of it. So this is where I learned to do my own setups with all that it entails, and all that good stuff. Guys like capmaster, rct and Bence - and several other were my teachers, and today I pass on what I learned to others (I call it "Pinch's Community Outreach Program" - well, not really, but... still).

Some people have left, some remain, but the vibe on here remains the same. It is indeed an excellent forum full of  very knowledgeable and friendly people.

Edited by Pinch
  • Like 1

Notably Phillip, Philip, Ron and Joel have given me cause to smile and think over the years and many others (current and departed) have contributed enjoyable content. It's a shadow of its c2014 self, but still worth a visit here and there!

I've been participating here for a long time.  It's a good forum, but as in with all things, there are times when feathers get ruffled.  But there are no unreasonable people lurking here.

This is one of the better forums of this kind.