Gibson Brands Forums

Little Richard Passed Away

1 hour ago, jaxson50 said:

The man who inspired Paul McCartney,  and he fired Jimi Hendrix for being too flamboyant!

RIP Little Richard!  God's Peace 

I didn't know that. Heard the news he passed away this morning though. 

One of the inventors of rock n' roll....glam 10-20 years before it happened...when he was evangelical it was completely real and absolutely from his heart....a true star.  RIP.

Richard on Hendrix - "He used to make my big toe shoot up in my boot!"  Here -

Edited by jdgm

8 hours ago, Retired said:

I didn't know that. Heard the news he passed away this morning though. 

One July 6, 1957, the Quarymen are playing a little dance behind a church, one of the members introduced his classmate Paul to the band, he chats with John, and shows him how to tune his guitar (John had it tuned to open G) Paul plays a few songs including a medley of Little Richard songs, and blown John away with his singing and knowledge of music.  

Anyways,  Little Richard was a early pioneer, from washing dishes to support his mother and siblings after his father died, to getting one chance to  Play for a record producer, 

As I understand it,  he also gave James Brown, a high school janitor and chance singing  with his band,  hired Jimi until he was started upstaging the star. 

A few days later the other members suggest inviting Paul to join, John agrees,  so, maybe without Little Richard inspiring Paul, who then impressed John with his performance of Richards songs, there wouldn't have been The Beatles.  Six separations and all that. 

In October 1947, Sister Rosetta Tharpe overheard 14-year-old Penniman singing her songs before a performance at the Macon City Auditorium. She invited him to open her show.[19] After the show, Tharpe paid him, inspiring him to become a professional performer.[18][20] Penniman stated that he was inspired to play the piano after he heard Ike Turner's piano intro on "Rocket 88."[21The 

16 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

One July 6, 1957, the Quarymen are playing a little dance behind a church, one of the members introduced his classmate Paul to the band, he chats with John, and shows him how to tune his guitar (John had it tuned to open G) Paul plays a few songs including a medley of Little Richard songs, and blown John away with his singing and knowledge of music.  

Anyways,  Little Richard was a early pioneer, from washing dishes to support his mother and siblings after his father died, to getting one chance to  Play for a record producer, 

As I understand it,  he also gave James Brown, a high school janitor and chance singing  with his band,  hired Jimi until he was started upstaging the star. 

A few days later the other members suggest inviting Paul to join, John agrees,  so, maybe without Little Richard inspiring Paul, who then impressed John with his performance of Richards songs, there wouldn't have been The Beatles.  Six separations and all that. 

In October 1947, Sister Rosetta Tharpe overheard 14-year-old Penniman singing her songs before a performance at the Macon City Auditorium. She invited him to open her show.[19] After the show, Tharpe paid him, inspiring him to become a professional performer.[18][20] Penniman stated that he was inspired to play the piano after he heard Ike Turner's piano intro on "Rocket 88."[21The 

Interesting, It's amazing what all musicians know and who. Another thing to is how if they need a backup, someone can step up and just play with them.