Gibson Brands Forums

Idiot of the day award goes to David Lee Roth

jaxson50

Really? First he lost his voice, and now his mind 

Van Halen legend David Lee Roth announces he’s changed his name,

The former Van Halen front man now wants to be called “David L. Roth” or “El Roth.”

The change was inspired by the current movement in the music industry to disown words having to do with the slavery that existed in the South — which comes in response to the Black Lives Matter protests that rose up after the death of George Floyd.

https://www.mercurynews.com/van-halen-legend-david-lee-roth-announces-hes-changed-his-name

• Thanks 1

So let me get this straight. 

If someone does something really bad, then everybody else that has that persons name, must change it?

Absolute craziness!

We are going to be running out of names pretty quick  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, jvi said:

can you quit trolling ?

My question was legit. Can you explain to me how DLR changing his name does any good or bad or absolutely anything?

Wait, now I get it David Lee Roth just solved racism. Thanks Dave, or Come on Dave give me a break.

All you do is come here to argue, so I fan your fire. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Can you explain to me how DLR changing his name does any good or bad or absolutely anything?

Wait, now I get it David Lee Roth just solved racism. Thanks Dave, or Come on Dave give me a break.

All you do is come here to argue, so I fan your fire. 

anything that can start a discussion can help if we discuss without trashing and throwing mud and scorn around like you seem to enjoy

1 minute ago, brad1 said:

Do you know what that term means? Because I think you don't. 

you again ? trolling is your trip, I posted a reply and boom  there you couple of twits are

Just now, jvi said:

anything that can start a discussion can help if we discuss without trashing and throwing mud and scorn around like you seem to enjoy

One insignificant out of date old used up useless rock star changing his name will not start a discussion on racism,  get a fuking clue.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

One insignificant out of date old used up useless rock star changing his name will not start a discussion on racism,  get a fuking clue.

thats what I mean, your nasty (dont hurt me  tho cause your just letters on a screen)

4 minutes ago, jvi said:

thats what I mean, your nasty (dont hurt me  tho cause your just letters on a screen)

Back at ya. You are just some dude in Canada here on this forum to stir up s-hit. So l let you stir than comment on your useless drivel. Don't you have a hockey stick to jam up your a-ss.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

I loved Van Halen with David Lee Roth...  can't name a song worth a damn from either of them since.  I know VH has maintained a presence, but once they were off my radar - they never made it back.

Apologies El Roth...  doesn't that mean wanker in some language?

Edited by uncle fester

9 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

I loved Van Halen with David Lee Roth...  can't name a song worth a damn from either of them since.  I know VH has maintained a presence, but once they were off my radar - they never made it back.

Apologies El Roth...  doesn't that mean wanker in some language?

"Portnoy's Complaint" by Philip Roth (no relation)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portnoy's_Complaint