Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jaxson50

Idiot of the day award goes to David Lee Roth

29 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'm starting to think maybe  you can't believe everything on the Internet .  

Your just starting to believe that now? The net is riddled with it and has been.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Ok - this thread started as a diss to el roth...  and I am sorry to see what he's evolved to, but I'll give him props for early stuff he did put out with VH.  Loved those albums...  'dirty faced kid in a garbage can' 

Find your way back David...  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

Ok - this thread started as a diss to el roth...  and I am sorry to see what he's evolved to, but I'll give him props for early stuff he did put out with VH.  Loved those albums...  'dirty faced kid in a garbage can' 

Find your way back David...  

I haven't gone through all the comments, so maybe I'm repeating, but it was my understanding that Dave made that comment as a joke.

BTW, Love DOA and anything off VHII. That's easily my favorite VH album .

15 minutes ago, saturn said:

I haven't gone through all the comments, so maybe I'm repeating, but it was my understanding that Dave made that comment as a joke.

BTW, Love DOA and anything off VHII. That's easily my favorite VH album .

VHII is my go to, VH is the classic and it certainly is a landmark album.  After Fair Warning they tanked. How many times do you need to cover a Kinks song or anyone elses. Write your own stuff and if you can't write enough for an album maybe you should have put the bottle and the coke down and focused. And Sammy turned them into a ballad band. Of the Sammy era, I can only take Poundcake and What You Started. The rest who needs it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

GF,  

"All signs point to this being a joke.  In fact, the article linked in the original post indicates most people are assuming DLR is just trying to be funny.  Internet "news" wants you to take it seriously but here is the actual post made by Dave: ..."

All signs point to ...  most people assuming ...         WOW !    It's amazing how you're always able to find junk on the internet that argues against the main point of any post here,    It's a gift, for sure.  I'm starting to think maybe  you can't believe everything on the Internet .  

I didn't write the article (linked in the original post). I just read it and that's what it says.  🤷‍♂️

Diver Down had a few good songs. I think it had 3 cover songs on it if I'm not mistaken.  And at 1984 they became a joke.  Jump. I call it Junk. Don't listen to it its Junk. Junk. Then some keyboards. And Dave jumping around with some scarfs on.

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your just starting to believe that now? The net is riddled with it and has been.

Nope.  Figure it out when I read  "Al Gore invented the internet."    It was meant to be sarcasm. 

19 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Y'all are determined to make this thread about you.  🤦‍♂️

We have egos as big if not bigger than El Roth.

51 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I'm just waiting for El Roth himself to log on here and say "3 pages huh?  I thought I was irrelevant".  😀

Name his last solo album. I can't. Or his first.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I doubt this is the kind of relevence DLR wouls aspire to since it does not pay anything, because we can talk about feeding their ego but the bottom line is still all about making it pay for your ego, otherwise they(Him) would do plenty of free gigs etc...

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Name his last solo album. I can't. Or his first.

I know as a solo artists he had hits in 2 decades (80s and 90s).  I didn't have any hits in those decades.  I'm guessing you didn't either. Maybe WE are irrelevant. 😂

5 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I know as a solo artists he had hits in 2 decades (80s and 90s).  I didn't have any hits in those decades.  I'm guessing you didn't either. Maybe WE are irrelevant. 😂

I own VH and VHII on vinyl. That's it.

58 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I own VH and VHII on vinyl. That's it.

Vinyl - apologies if it's a naive question, but is there truly anything sonically different from vinyl vs streaming, or is it more the cool factor of having vinyl...  and IMO there is definitely a cool factor there.

Just now, uncle fester said:

Vinyl - apologies if it's a naive question, but is there truly anything sonically different from vinyl vs streaming, or is it more the cool factor of having vinyl...  and IMO there is definitely a cool factor there.

It's my original from like 78 and 79 when those albums were released.

The difference is vinyl is not digital.  A digital waveform is 'stepped'.  Analog waveform is smooth.   The result is something that sounds more natural.  BUT that analog goodness generally comes along with a lot of hiss and noise artifacts. 

Pz-kn7OZfLVDYHv6SDviC4ByTwiCSkgviKoUtlo6

Edited by ghost_of_fl

Any response after this shows how weak your self control is.

tumblr_ov75vuotWP1qbj805o1_400.gifv

Edited by Big Bill
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

11 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

I got control that aint weak thanks

• Sad 1