Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

Yup, Studio Custom and the Studio Standard...mid 80's.

Here is my two '85 Studio Customs (wrong TRC on the burst guitar)

DSCN0242.jpg

Those are cool guitars without a doubt.I don't know how rare those are,but I would guess that not a whole lot of people have one and there you are with two.Including yours that makes only the third picture of one I've ever seen.Very interesting guitars.

Those are cool guitars without a doubt.I don't know how rare those are,but I would guess that not a whole lot of people have one and there you are with two.Including yours that makes only the third picture of one I've ever seen.Very interesting guitars.

Yea I'm not sure of the rarity myself but I think it comes from people not knowing what they are and just pass it off as no big deal. The only made them from 84-85. I see them once in a great while on ebay but thats it. I got the burst from a friend of the family and did some research before I found out what it was. The black one poped up on Ebay and I had to snatch it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since my last post in this awesome thread I've added 2 more Les Pauls to my collection! One of them is a studio so here are the pics:

new Studio Faded:

6922184269_869a06febe_z.jpg

6922184191_b104941935_z.jpg

family shot:

6922184423_4a7fa19000_z.jpg

a new look for the Studio Faded:

6813596534_114d485ceb_z.jpg

6959709671_f7f23dd5ab_z.jpg

another upgrade - from this:

6978931187_1ee94d3752_z.jpg

to this:

6978931301_2d5994099b_z.jpg

studios rule!

• Upvote 1

Since my last post in this awesome thread I've added 2 more Les Pauls to my collection! One of them is a studio so here are the pics:

new Studio Faded:

6922184269_869a06febe_z.jpg

6922184191_b104941935_z.jpg

family shot:

6922184423_4a7fa19000_z.jpg

a new look for the Studio Faded:

6813596534_114d485ceb_z.jpg

6959709671_f7f23dd5ab_z.jpg

another upgrade - from this:

6978931187_1ee94d3752_z.jpg

to this:

6978931301_2d5994099b_z.jpg

studios rule!

Hey JCV:

What kind of pots 250k or 500k and what type caps, and did you change anything else out? Did it make any improvement?

The pots are 500k. I bought it as a complete pre-wired kit from RS Guitarworks... it's their vintage/modern kit. It made a huge difference. The neck pickup sounds so much clearer - from 10 all the way down to 1 on the volume pot. the bridge pickup is brighter but the tone pot is very useable and setting it at 4 -5 tames it nicely. What I really love about this new set-up is that the guitar sounds great no matter how the controls are set - no mud! Plus, a slight change in the guitars volume controls nicely control the gain from my amp... it does from clean to mean so much better than it did stock. I'm loving it

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a blue stain satin finish studio over a month ago.

It finally came in Monday and it was love at first site.

I bought it and am having it set up. Will pick it up Friday after work. Really liked the feel of the neck and the colour was stunning. Here is a photo of it from my cell phone.

post-30-007400800 1332907738_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

tell us about your les paul studio and put some pictures I will do so of mine soon.

http://s968.photobucket.com/albums/ae168/CTguy1955/Shrome-1.jpg

I ordered a Ebony satin, but I am going to decline it and Ive

already let them know that because I have a black and white guitar

I decided the new Wine Red with push/pull pups is what would

suit me the best.

Because I cannot post a picture of my new Gibson

I will do the closest thing to what you have asked !!

As soon as I receive the real deal, I will be more then happy to post a picture !!!

PS The new one had BETTER be the advertised "Shrome" Hardware too !!!!!!!!!!!

post-42881-003263700 1334356360_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've got GAS bad enough as it is - this thread certainly didn't help!! :) As soon as I sell another toy I've got my eye on a Studio Faded/Satin in brown - Sweetwater has a great financing deal going right now. As soon as I get it worked out I'll be joining the club!

NGD!!!! On vehicle for delivery. C'mon Fedex guy!!!!! \:D/ [love][thumbup]

I will post pics later today. Man, I can NOT wait! My very first LP and my first American-made guitar. Took some marital sh#% for it but it will be worth it.

Those are some sweet goldtop Studio's posted above and I'm diggin that worn Studio with the Bigsby.I played Gretsch's for a few years and became very attached to playing with a Bigsby,so I put one on my LP,but could'nt warm up to it at the time.I may try it again in the near future.

Three of my Favorite things:

Gibson Les Paul

Hughes & Kettner Amp

Blessed Mother!!

Thanks. I got her as a birthday gift from our former drummer who has a tattoo shop. He has all kinds of cool/weird/funny stuff. I didn`t really know what else to do with her so I set her up in front of my amp. I think I saw her headbanging once or twice.... Notice also Beavis & Butthead velcroed to the cab. [biggrin]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...