Gibson Brands Forums

2021 - How's It Going So Far ?

fortyearspickn

For us, not so good.  Last Friday had to put down our 13 y/o  Lab, Cooper.  Yesterday,  had to put down our 9.5 y/o German Shepherd, Sasha.   Very quiet.  Our remaining 2 dog keep looking at the front door.  We knew it was coming for the Lab - but were taken by surprise on Sasha. Health declined in a week,  diagnosed cancer or the spleen, bleeding into stomach.  

This morning we hear on the news all the politicians want to NOT follow the science on CV-19 vaccines.  Both in our 70s, we got our first shot on Sunday.  Drug companies and FDA only certified results if you get 2nd shot in 3 -4 weeks.  Now politicians want to screw up the systems in place to ensure people get their 2nd shot and give those vaccines to people in groups less at risk.  So, those who are high risk will have to get in line behind EVERYONE.    Most states seem to be struggling to administer the doses they've had for a month now.  Walgreens won't let nursing homes administer the vaccines because they want to hire people to do it themselves so they can get paid for it.    

while I am remiss to start a political rant about this COVID crap...  which would most likely get me hit with the ban bat....

...Letting politicians and the government in general run anything, is a recipe for disaster.  Those clowns all live in a world where the sky is an entirely different color than the one us mere mortals see.

I'm sorry to hear about your pups,, that's a tuff way to start the new year. 

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, gdecant1 said:

Imagine that! Politicians not listening to scientists! Who on earth would back these people that won't lend an ear to science?

I'll bet some of em voted in the last election too. Isn't there an amendment or something.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jaxson50 said:

Losing one pet is hard , losing two in such a short time is terrible,  I am truly sorry for your loss, 

As for politicians,  I lost all faith in them during the Vietnam War, 

I have two dogs and that is a huge bummer. We have a 13 year old Cocker Spaniel that might have a year left.

As for politicians none have ever been on my/your side. They are on their side. I'm worth 140 million dollars and I do this thankless job. Why? You got money, must be a power trip.

I appreciate very much everyone’s kind support on losing my two good friends.  It seems everytime I lose a dog, it’s been over 10 years since the last one,  it gets harder.   I still have a 5 y/o German Shepherd. I am  closer to him  than any other dog I’ve ever had. And 99% of the people I know.  When he goes, I know it will be very rough.  

I should not have tacked on  the quasi-political rant.  I was just lashing out in frustration.  There’s no excuse for what they’re doing though.