Gibson Brands Forums

She’s worth it...

Al Pike

21 hours ago, slimt said:

Oh , all to familiar with that.      Are you just learning or do you have to push on the strings?   What strings are on the guitar ?   
lights , mediums? 

Barbed Wire. I don't think I had that issue since I was a teenager playing my old Kay guitar.

Groovy

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  that said, it is a bit too much

• Like 1

I don't understand the point of this thread.

Play for an hour or two a day every day, and your fingertips will look like that as well. Nothing new or extraordinary about Mr. Pike's left hand.

And unsurprisingly, those of us who have guitars other than Gibsons, get the same result and also feel its worth "it" (whatever "it" is supposed to be) when we have the grooved callouses from playing them.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

As an aside, my oldest friend was the lead guitar player in a '60s in a locally successful rock band here in Toronto.

He used an ES-335 with light gauge Rock and Roll strings, and practiced so much that I remember him having to play gigs with the grooves in the tips of his fingers cut and bleeding. 

RBSinTo