Gibson Brands Forums

Batman's Acoustic?

SteveFord

The price would be OK if it was actually the one Tom owned and played.  But for a knock-off featuring a machine stamped signature?   HOLY SCAM Batman!  The JOKER must be behind this 'cause they GOTTA be joking!  [omg]

Whitefang

• Like 1

The owner of the Indianapolis Colts bought them all.

I can't get on board for cash grabs no matter if Martin or Gibson or any other maker does it, but I get it every 10k helps them get out of debt sooner.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The pick-guard doesn't bother me that much and I guess it was on the original that they built for Tom Petty, but I don't understand whenever they put somebody's name on a guitar as a signature model that the price goes to $10K.  A normal SJ-200 is less than half that.

But let's try to remember this fact for about 20 years:  "Only 100 will be made".  People are always asking how many of a particular model were made and nobody (including Gibson) ever knows so we know how many of these there will be - we just need to remember it down the road when someone asks.

5 hours ago, Whitefang said:

The price would be OK if it was actually the one Tom owned and played.  But for a knock-off featuring a machine stamped signature?   HOLY SCAM Batman!  The JOKER must be behind this 'cause they GOTTA be joking!  [omg]

Whitefang

I'm going to have to agree with WF here. I'll tell you what, I will paint the CEO's living room for the price of that guitar! A trade!

5 hours ago, Larsongs said:

It’s an SJ200 with a different Pickguard with Pettys’ name on it... I’m a big Petty fan but I’d rather have a regular SJ200 for about half the cost.

Hard to beat one of these bad boys...  That TP one does NOTHING for my eyes other than make me want to close them and look the other way..

33873839_10209548149420112_7209023501628

• Like 1