Gibson Brands Forums

Still gets me every time

Dub-T-123

0FBEC2B2-DCF9-4F4C-883F-72748F9087EC.thumb.jpeg.b15c6062b27971656c4c70523a07f272.jpeg

Still madly in love with my LP. It’s crazy how much different the notes sound/feel coming out of it vs my other guitars even unplugged 

We’re pretty overdue for some gratuitous photos. I’ve done a lot of photo threads here before but it’s a new day so let’s bog down the server a little more. Show us some guitar pics that you like 

PS I’m testing out a photo compression app on my phone and directly attaching the file here. The results are that the size and resolution of the photo are compromised but the colors are much more accurately shown vs Imgur. Imgur makes the red on this look a lot more brown in a weird way

• Like 4

Just one photo to show my Gibson Herd.

Each one of these are special to me....I wouldn't sell any of 'em.

My grandsons, (and granddaughter, if the 'bun in the oven' is female!), will inherit all of them...Hopefully not for a few years!

May be an image of guitar and indoor

• Like 2

You've seen my Custom several times so here are a couple from ebay some years ago which I would have loved to get my mitts on......

25/50LP Custom, 2nd run I think as it's red- beautiful condition

25-50-Les-Paul4.jpg

J Page 3-pickup Black Beauty with 6-way switch and Bigsby, completely ott but....wow

JPage-Custom.jpg

I'd love an R9 too......[biggrin]

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

Impressive collection Rob. Which is your favorite?

Thanks Chris. I’m currently fumbling my way through some Toxik World Circus riffs on the LP. I know you’re a thrash metal fan

jdgm that 25/50 LP is so cool! I’ve seen those in pawn shops and always wanted to play one 

Heck, I owned one from new back in the 70s but a honey burst, I think it was?  It was too nice I was afraid I'd mess it up so it was a case queen.  It was the heaviest damned thing I've ever owned, maybe they shielded the control cavity with lead.

I still think Dub-T-123's Les Paul is the best looking one I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Impressive collection Rob. Which is your favorite?

Hard to pick a favorite…..the dark Dove is very special to me because my bride bought it for me when we didn’t have a pot to pee in

12-String is THE BEST 12-String I’ve ever had in my hands.  

The DIF is the best sounding guitar I have.

The J-50 was a gift from my staff when I retired. 

The Jubilee (my beater) is simply a fantastic guitar…can take it anywhere, and plays like a dream.

The ‘Bird Custom Koa I bought brand-new ten years ago….great sounding, great playing guitar.  

21 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

0FBEC2B2-DCF9-4F4C-883F-72748F9087EC.thumb.jpeg.b15c6062b27971656c4c70523a07f272.jpeg

Still madly in love with my LP. It’s crazy how much different the notes sound/feel coming out of it vs my other guitars even unplugged 

PS I’m testing out a photo compression app on my phone and directly attaching the file here. The results are that the size and resolution of the photo are compromised but the colors are much more accurately shown vs Imgur. Imgur makes the red on this look a lot more brown in a weird way

That is a lovely looking LP and the note definition is a huge factor in their popularity I think.  Since my second electric guitar was a LP, purchased used in 1970, I have been spoiled by them for a long time and very little else compared.  As to the photo quality - I agree your new method works much better but I don't think it is so much Imgr's fault, but rather the camera.  I use a digital Canon and the colors on Imgr of my photos seem very accurate to me. Here are a couple gratuitous photos as requested:

bgzxl4t.jpg

t9T305T.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice photos. I'll try Imgur again since that's all I have.  I didn't think this site let you direct post anything worthwhile because of the file size limit. I was surprised at the difference with the Imgur photo color.

https://i.imgur.com/xjYtz0o.jpg

Still won't embed an image for me. For a brief second, the photo appears on the screen  but then it goes right back to the https link . [confused] 

Edited by saturn

14 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Heck, I owned one from new back in the 70s but a honey burst, I think it was?  It was too nice I was afraid I'd mess it up so it was a case queen.  It was the heaviest damned thing I've ever owned, maybe they shielded the control cavity with lead.

I still think Dub-T-123's Les Paul is the best looking one I've ever seen.

I’ve never played a Norlin LP Custom I didn’t like but now that you mention it they have all been heavy. 

Thanks! Gibson makes the best guitars. I’m incredibly lucky to have that LP. 

check out this one at Wildwood

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product/CS900895/wildwood-spec-les-paul-custom/

14 hours ago, 'Scales said:

Very Nice Dub!

30+ years and the affair is still going strong here!  [laugh]

42269882_IMG_0027(002).JPG.538884eca2f487c39a1a7185b758fef7.JPG

How are the frets doing after all these years? Have you ever had them leveled and crowned? Always love seeing your Aria Pro

14 hours ago, Rabs said:

Has to be really doesnt it

Ohh. And this one

That top is awesome.. such a nice burst too

13 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Hard to pick a favorite…..the dark Dove is very special to me because my bride bought it for me when we didn’t have a pot to pee in

12-String is THE BEST 12-String I’ve ever had in my hands.  

The DIF is the best sounding guitar I have.

The J-50 was a gift from my staff when I retired. 

The Jubilee (my beater) is simply a fantastic guitar…can take it anywhere, and plays like a dream.

The ‘Bird Custom Koa I bought brand-new ten years ago….great sounding, great playing guitar.  

👍👍👍

1 hour ago, Twang Gang said:

That is a lovely looking LP and the note definition is a huge factor in their popularity I think.  Since my second electric guitar was a LP, purchased used in 1970, I have been spoiled by them for a long time and very little else compared.  As to the photo quality - I agree your new method works much better but I don't think it is so much Imgr's fault, but rather the camera.  I use a digital Canon and the colors on Imgr of my photos seem very accurate to me. Here are a couple gratuitous photos as requested:

Nice LPs! The color looks normal on my iPhone and changes when I upload to Imgur. In the settings at Imgur I have selected the “original” upload quality so that my files are not compressed/resized but I’m definitely getting reduced quality. Maybe I have too much space occupied so they aren’t letting me upload original quality anymore or something 

41 minutes ago, saturn said:

Very nice photos. I'll try Imgur again since that's all I have.  I didn't think this site let you direct post anything worthwhile because of the file size limit. I was surprised at the difference with the Imgur photo color.

https://i.imgur.com/xjYtz0o.jpg

Still won't embed an image for me. For a brief second, the photo appears on the screen  but then it goes right back to the https link . [confused] 

Beautiful R7 and Studio

Lovely to see these guitars.

This 650 is still my #1

0igKFHo.jpg

Though this older one is much lighter and more comfy to handle

7fiWhLC.jpg

though the Less+ is getting much more use these days. I played it extensively last night.

fxe7NUM.jpg

This last one is 'hand built in England' The Fingerbone 'Strat'. 80s build and the body is one piece maple. Ebony board. Bare Knuckle pickups.

d5EFr2l.jpg

• Like 2