Gibson Brands Forums

Pretty Sky Photos

saturn

One of the many weird things I like to do is take pictures of cloud formations, pretty sunsets, full moons etc.  Most are taken with my phone. I don't have any real knowledge or talent in photography. I just point and click. I figured I'd post a few here and maybe some others will want to post their own. 

hXqu2t9.jpg

y7nA5Jh.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty good result from that phone Saturn.  Moon shots with a 35mm are tricky.  Often for some reason,  a full moon that fills your viewfinder still results in a pic of the moon that looks smaller than a shirt button. 

As I don't own a digital camera, and refuse to take photos with a phone( since I still use an old small flip phone)  so I don't know if any of them have a "polarizing" option.  That would make the cloud formations "pop" in any of those shots.   [cool]

Whitefang

8 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Pretty good result from that phone Saturn.  Moon shots with a 35mm are tricky.  Often for some reason,  a full moon that fills your viewfinder still results in a pic of the moon that looks smaller than a shirt button. 

As I don't own a digital camera, and refuse to take photos with a phone( since I still use an old small flip phone)  so I don't know if any of them have a "polarizing" option.  That would make the cloud formations "pop" in any of those shots.   [cool]

Whitefang

Yeah. I rarely have luck taking a photo of the moon.  Whether on my DSLR camera or phone.

Nice shots everyone. Thanks for sharing!!!

This forum wouldn't let me upload from my site because it isn't https (it's http without the s) so... ... ...

Some I have on AdobeStock:

Woodstork in the Everglades

1000_F_449608646_uWTOPSiyG6AFphmtDPlZNrs

Australian Outback

1000_F_426439780_Q2G9PpE6Yo2QmzBK0ojwpfj

Everglades Sunset:

1000_F_429892829_WS3XX72AbIFalYBNYgLoM9I

Key West:

1000_F_424890028_bXbmLyY086I0yrvfhpec9ki

Czech Republic

1000_F_452229794_nxvejs3uLpECMRRK374RadU

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Is that house on the left really that unlevel?   Or was this shot with some kind of "fisheye" option(or lens)? 

Whitefang

Whitefang,

With non-rectilinear wide lenses, unless the plane of the lens is parallel to the horizon, distortion of this type results.

RBSinTo

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Is that house on the left really that unlevel?   Or was this shot with some kind of "fisheye" option(or lens)? 

Whitefang

I only had my phone with me and used the panoramic option where you move the phone to capture the entire width.

All houses are level.

7 hours ago, saturn said:

I can't claim credit for this photo. It was taken a street over from our house by one of our neighbors and posted on FB. I just screen shotted it and cropped the FB stuff out.

3orbGah.jpg

When I was growing up in Arkansas, we would have called that a squall line. That would’ve meant a tornado was likely.

• 2 weeks later...

This AM. Rare Southern California rain last night. Almost finished house. I'll take it as a sign hopefully of good things to come. 

0oaMVz1.jpg

Here's another. I was sleeping this AM and Vanessa came running in after putting the dogs in the pen screaming get up, get up, grab your camera!! I don't think I have ever seen a complete rainbow in So. California before.RpBZ223.jpg

Edited by Tman
  • Like 3