Gibson Brands Forums

Why are Gibson prices raising so quick??

gibsonrene

22 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Why don't you go elsewhere then? I'm not welcoming you here.

Comes to a US company sponsored forum to complain about their prices in Europe.  Doesn’t like the answers, so attacks those who took time from their busy day to try to help him understand.   Bill, I think we’ve got a case study in Trolling .  
But I, for one, welcome him here.  We need a good laugh.  

• Haha 1

I think most of us experienced forumites who belong to several online forums can count on one hand the number of threads we started that DIDN'T get "derailed" with matters not related to our thread's main topic, and have fingers left over.   It's come to be a rite of passage on these message boards, and getting all whiny  having hissy fits over it  is pointless and unbecoming.  I've tried to "Mother hen" threads before and came to realize the futility of it.  So I simply try to keep on topic regardless of where else it seems to be going, and hope I get an on topic response.  Unless of course, if the "derailment" seems to be more fun.  [wink]  Then it's an "If you can't beat 'em" thing.  [cool]

Whitefang

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Comes to a US company sponsored forum to complain about their prices in Europe.  Doesn’t like the answers, so attacks those who took time from their busy day to try to help him understand.   Bill, I think we’ve got a case study in Trolling .  
But I, for one, welcome him here.  We need a good laugh.  

so how is your wife lately then?

We are still waiting to hear the never ending tail of the R8. 

I love your style you came in all hot, guns blazing, new person on the forum, maybe from Europe, and now were here solving the worlds economic crisis with idiots who play guitars. Idiot is a term of endearment like gaudy pig.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

I think most of us experienced forumites who belong to several online forums can count on one hand the number of threads we started that DIDN'T get "derailed" with matters not related to our thread's main topic, and have fingers left over.   It's come to be a rite of passage on these message boards, and getting all whiny  having hissy fits over it  is pointless and unbecoming.  I've tried to "Mother hen" threads before and came to realize the futility of it.  So I simply try to keep on topic regardless of where else it seems to be going, and hope I get an on topic response.  Unless of course, if the "derailment" seems to be more fun.  [wink]  Then it's an "If you can't beat 'em" thing.  [cool]

Whitefang

We need Virtual Boxing Matches! Those not in the Ring get to Judge the Rounds… At least that might be entertaining!

Still, y’all are overthinking this… It all comes down to Supply & Demand… Economics 101..

Edited by Larsongs

18 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

We need Virtual Boxing Matches! Those not in the Ring get to Judge the Rounds… At least that might be entertaining!

Still, y’all are overthinking this… It all comes down to Supply & Demand… Economics 101..

yes first match

Sgt. Pepper vs useful comments

I bet Sgt. Pepper will win by a knockout in 1st round....

Edited by gibsonrene

3 hours ago, Forsaken said:

I'm seeing prices come down here to be honest. We had some long lockdowns here, especially in my state and many people were without jobs for a long time. Some people also went nuts with Afterpay shopping lol. 

I live in So Cal.. I just filled up my Truck… Gas here is $5.09 a Gallon.. $100.00 for a fill up. Nothing has gone down here…

Where are you located?

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Gas here inTexas is $3.00.  National average is $3.40.  Supply and Demand must be extra far apart in So Cal !   Unless it’s the State Tax.  

You'd assume it'd be cheaper in Texas, but at $3.00  and the average here in MI being $3.19, it's not all that much cheaper.  But in Cali, they might be adding a lot of what's called "sin tax" on gasoline, like here in MI,  liquor and cigarette taxes are deferred to the cost of a gallon of gas.  As well as a tax to help maintain roads.   So I imagine gas would be even cheaper here if Michigan kept their WEIGH STATIONS open on it's freeways and help prevent a lot of overloaded trucks from fudging up our roads.   Which would mean less money going for their upkeep, which would mean more tax dollars going towards where it will do most of us the most good and one less tax added to the gasoline price.

Whitefang

Just now, Big Bill said:

Did you ever accidently sit on your balls?

are you asking rhetorically? Maybe you should take a look at Sgt Pepper Crypto coming out....you might get rich. Remember SGT Pepper Crypto is worth as much as the buyer wants to pay for it and the seller wants to sell it...remember that

• Confused 1

So lets recap this post...it went from Gibson prices rising as a starting point, quickly morphed into trouble with wife and  metabolic steroids .....Texas gas price and it finally settled upon a very important question: 

Great job guys, you definitely earned some SGT Pepper Crypto coins

Edited by gibsonrene

7 minutes ago, gibsonrene said:

So lets recap this post...it went from Gibson prices rising as a starting point, quickly morphed into trouble with wife.....Texas gas price and it finally settled upon a very important question: 

Great job guys, you definately earned some SGT Pepper Crypto coins

You will learn new guy you will learn.

How's that R8 LP coming along? Or are you just here to post for the attention?

Put down your 20 sided dice, I think your mom calling you for milk and cookies  along with your circle jerk buddy's in the basement.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper