Gibson Brands Forums

Why are Gibson prices raising so quick??

gibsonrene

2 hours ago, gibsonrene said:

I see standard being raised now from 2200 to 2300 eur few days ago...before it was 2140 in january 2021

and people are selling teir old standards for the same price as new ones....old meaning few years old....is this world going crazy?

Good question. Everything seems to be going higher these days. Why are fast food prices so darn high? 

10 hours ago, Retired said:

Good question. Everything seems to be going higher these days. Why are fast food prices so darn high? 

My guess would be the rise in the cost of the metabolic steroids they give their beeves to fatten them up.  Or perhaps Micky D and BK switched to using KOBE beef!  [wink]

Whitefang

9 hours ago, Whitefang said:

My guess would be the rise in the cost of the metabolic steroids they give their beeves to fatten them up.  Or perhaps Micky D and BK switched to using KOBE beef!  [wink]

Whitefang

That's one guess. Problem is, They used to use better products but now, and it's been going on for a long time, They use the cheapest products they can find and load them with preservatives while shooting prices sky high.  Didn't the food administration get on them for using what they called Slime, for beef? Here, they pay their employees up to $17.00 an hour or more at McDonalds. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Retired said:

That's one guess. Problem is, They used to use better products but now, and it's been going on for a long time, They use the cheapest products they can find and load them with preservatives while shooting prices sky high.  Didn't the food administration get on them for using what they called Slime, for beef? Here, they pay their employees up to $17.00 an hour or more at McDonalds. 

this is guitar forum and I asked gibson question and now you are rambling about McD junk crap? What is next? Your wife making your life miserable?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gibsonrene said:

this is guitar forum and I asked gibson question and now you are rambling about McD junk crap? What is next? Your wife making your life miserable?

I was making a point, in case you didn't know.  Gibson isn't the only one that raises i's prices.  Everything in the world has gone up and has been for a  long time. What hasn't increased? 

• Thanks 2

Supply and demand - there's a 10 month waiting list for the Toyota RAV Hybrid here in Australia - and a shortage of other new Toyota models too - owners of relatively new Toyota's are being offered more money than they bought them for from dealers desperate for stock.

• Like 1

Is it even debatable?

Everything has shot up, across the board.

Restaurants are charging more for everything they serve

Same money spent on Groceries last year buys much less now

Lumber and building supplies are thru the roof

Gas prices inching closer to $4 a gallon.

So that guitar prices have shot up....  should be no surprise to anyone

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gibsonrene said:

also supply problem of good answers here on forum  "sikes"

Sounds like you felt you knew the answer before you asked the question.  Isn’t that what they teach in law school? 
But, to drill down into the “Demand” half of Lars “supply and demand response….

Demand goes up as Disposable  income goes up.  Disposable income goes up as the Minimum wage goes up. It’s basically doubled from $7.50 to $15.00 in the past 2 years.   Extended Unemployment Benefits of course, led to the need for employers to pay more.  Sort of like “supply and demand” as it affects Labor  instead of Finished Goods.  Like guitars gibsonrene.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gibsonrene said:

Truly, this is what's known as a "lounge" forum page, on which many topics other than guitars can be and are discussed.  There's also a thread discussing a Beatles documentary.  [omg]

Oh!  The HORROR!!  :-&  As for "supply and demand"----

It's a paradox actually.  One would figure since the start of the pandemic, which resulted in many people being put out of work and getting unemployment insurance, there's be little interest and money spared for unessential purchases like guitars.  Thus resulting in a surplus of supply, which logic would suggest a reduction in prices in order to quickly dispose of that surplus.  I would guess that Gibson, in order to recoup any losses faster than logically plausible, raised their prices in order to avoid the embarrassment of their executives being forced to drive last year's Lincolns and  Lexus's. 

Whitefang

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Sounds like you felt you knew the answer before you asked the question.  Isn’t that what they teach in law school? 
But, to drill down into the “Demand” half of Lars “supply and demand response….

Demand goes up as Disposable  income goes up.  Disposable income goes up as the Minimum wage goes up. It’s basically doubled from $7.50 to $15.00 in the past 2 years.   Extended Unemployment Benefits of course, led to the need for employers to pay more.  Sort of like “supply and demand” as it affects Labor  instead of Finished Goods.  Like guitars gibsonrene.  

He wants you to pat him on the back and spoon feed him the answers. 

Who's a good boy/girl?

Sell or buy or trade or whatever you were doing with the R8 gibsonrene?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Brucebubs said:

Supply and demand - there's a 10 month waiting list for the Toyota RAV Hybrid here in Australia - and a shortage of other new Toyota models too - owners of relatively new Toyota's are being offered more money than they bought them for from dealers desperate for stock.

Careful, You just mentioned a Toyota and this is a guitar forum! Lol.  Gee, does that mean your wife makes your life miserable  too? By the way, I gave everyone a plus  for there answers except 

gibsonrene. Wish I could have given Big Bill2 pluses. 

Edited by Retired
changed a line
  • Like 1